GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dear vendors; please make this boost gauge

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
On the MKV and later, yes. That pod is for the MKIV.

Yes, but from what I've gathered they are attempting to make the same thing for the MKV. I don't see how it would work w/ the airbag. That, or you'll get a gauge to the temple upon impact rendering the airbag useless.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
So is taking two years to update a thread.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
At least we're getting info, I guess? :iono:

I have to admit though, it doesn't seem like an appropriate solution for the MkV. And really, I'm more interested in a gauge, not a mount.

Still, keep up posted, MJM!

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Heres what's in there for anyone interested. Minus the zip ties obviously.

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
^^ Isn't there an airbag there?

On select MK4s, no (this is a MK4 a-pillar). They can still be used with airbags, though.

Yes, but from what I've gathered they are attempting to make the same thing for the MKV. I don't see how it would work w/ the airbag. That, or you'll get a gauge to the temple upon impact rendering the airbag useless.

The airbag is unaffected with a pod on it (they still engage). These style pods have been around for years.

So is taking two years to update a thread.

This wasn't our thread; we simply decided to post to it since the pod we're working on is pertinent to the topic. Sure, we could have started our own thread, but that's a waste of bandwidth, and if I'm not mistaken, we're limited to the number of threads we can start. When we began working on these, our in-house fab guy had done some MK4 units, but moved overseas about 18 months ago. He's back now. Hope that explanation is satisfactory.

At this point, we are simply doing some R&D in determining what the very best pod to bring to market for the MK5 (should we decide to do it) would be. Rather than just roll out a part with no info, we thought it would be nice to show you guys what we have going, how they're being put together, from what materials, etc. Anyone can fab up any old gauge pod, but our idea is to do it so it looks 100% stock; like it came directly from the factory with it, rather a pod that's obvious been stuck on (yuk). This photo here will give you a little idea of what we're talking about.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Better pics also with night illumination also please?
I personally run the newsouth 3 gauge dash pod as in my opinion if looks the most oem option we gave on the market. Fitment is crap but you can make if work.
I also like these for an oem+ look.

Last edited:

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
FIRST PROTOTYPE IN BLACK IS DONE!

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
^ I like. Now how about some B6 Passat love in beige.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Not that I am much of an ECS fan, but they spammed me some news letter the other day touting an OEM look gauge.
Admittedly I haven't checked it out yet, but the newsletter picture looked pretty OEM in terms of dial font and color.
Anyone got better :iono:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
It did look good, but... and this is a deal-breaker for me... the logo is huge.

If a customer is paying for the product, why do some companies think they're entitled to make you advertise their product for them?

Completely defeats the OEM look. Pass.

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
It did look good, but... and this is a deal-breaker for me... the logo is huge.

If a customer is paying for the product, why do some companies think they're entitled to make you advertise their product for them?

Completely defeats the OEM look. Pass.

Yeah that's what lost me on it too - I just checked it out on something bigger than a phone screen.