GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dear vendors; please make this boost gauge

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just putting this out there to any vendor who's listening for feedback from potential customers. I want to buy an OEM-look boost gauge for my GTI, but no-one makes one, which means there's a golden opportunity waiting for you! I can't be the only one who wants this...

OEM, to me, means:

- identical font and lettering to the stock instruments

- identical blue backlight and red needle

- identical aluminum trim ring

- identical lighting behaviour as stock instruments (on/off with dash lights)

- OEM quality mounting solution

I'm not particular on it being an electronic over mechanical gauge, but the former would be better. A clean install solution that doesn't require splicing wires would be terrific. I know you guys want to advertise your product, but an aftermarket logo blows the illusion away, you know?

NewSouth's is the closest, but the heavy silver trim ring kills it for me. The logo is probably the most understated I've seen, but I'd still prefer none at all.

Anyone? I'm in my late 30's, not into the boy racer look, and would happily pay $200 - $300 for something that gives my GTI the boost gauge it should have come from the factory with.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh, for sure man... it just looks worse without it. Yeah, I'm being picky here, but I want the gauge surround to be as narrow and "sharp" as the factory gauges, is all, and the slip-on silver beauty ring is too "heavy", so it stands out.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Definitely a good looking product, and I'm happy to see Podi in the market! Their steering column pod is a MUCH better solution than NewSouth's ColumnPod, and it looks like they've got the light colours down pat.

The lights stay on though, independent of the dash lights. And the font doesn't match at all. Which isn't to say it's not a great product... just not what I'm looking for.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Painting the trim ring is an option, yeah, but it'd be a little thicker than the stock ones. Thinner than snapping on the NSP one though, for sure. ECS makes a vent pod, which I bought, but it wasn't working for me. I believe NSP makes their own now.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
I am with you!

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I vote CIM vent pod, although it doesn't have a trim ring. Everyone that has gotten in my car so far thinks it's factory installed.

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
I'm a big fan of my eurojet one. Installation was very easy and it after they fixed the leds it matches my dash almost perfectly.

The Podi and CIM look nice also.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure both of these gauges have their fans, but neither looks even remotely stock. I get the sense that for a lot of people, the right colour of LED is all they need, but the gauge faces on these don't even come close.

The Eurojet's probably the last one I'd buy, frankly. I don't like the way they treated their customers during the launch of their product and subsequent growing pains, and I think manufacturers sometimes forget that we're paying them for their product.

Do your advertising on your own dime, not mine. Their logo is way too prominent.

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
We're currently working on a very OEM + boost gauge with pod (single or dual) that will look like your MK5 came with it from the factory. No lines, no bolts, no glue, no seals, no nothing.....like the car came with it from the factory. R&D and ideas are being worked out now on them and it's something that should be ready to launch by the end of summer.

Mr. SickWitIt

Passed Driver's Ed
We're currently working on a very OEM + boost gauge with pod (single or dual) that will look like your MK5 came with it from the factory. No lines, no bolts, no glue, no seals, no nothing.....like the car came with it from the factory. R&D and ideas are being worked out now on them and it's something that should be ready to launch by the end of summer.

Location?

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
Location?

We'll have gauge pod kits available in more than one location, but for obvious reasons, I'm not at liberty to release that info right now, including the location of the specific kit that will look original. Just know that it'll be the first gauge pod kit of its kind for MK5s that won't look like your run-of-the-mill cookie-cutter style made on a production line in Taiwan. They'll be made-to-order and will be done by hand in the U.S.A. No cutting, shaping, gluing, screwing, bolting, hammering, etc. They're going to be "one with the car" with a part of the car that comes on and off the vehicle. In fact, you'll even be able to remove it completely without anyone knowing it was ever there (should you want to re-sell the car).