GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

B6 passat wagon thoughts

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
K, so as many of you know my gti was totaled and I'm looking into replacement options. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a B6 passat wagon, preferably with a TSI. The plan would be to do a budget build: coilovers, wheels, F23T or K04 setup. Any idea what that could run in the quarter mile? Was the dsg or a manual available on the B6 wagon? Could the stock tiptronic stand up to a turbo upgrade? Lemme know your thoughts on this as a budget replacement for my gti.

Car(s)
Subaru
i like that one you posted on fb but idk how the trans or anything are on those cars.

im back on the b5 s4 kick again, so i say go for that haha. you have the warhammer so might as well right... im jk.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Was the dsg or a manual available on the B6 wagon? Could the stock tiptronic stand up to a turbo upgrade?

DSG wasn't available...just the traditional auto/Tiptronic

Manual was available, but it's gonna be a unicorn of car. I think only the base model was available with it too. Checked the whole US on cars.com....there's only one Passat wagon with a stick shift & it's a 2008 with the TSI:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...dId=21758&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

Autotrader.com site is down for whatever reason

As for the turbo upgrade & Tiptronic....a bunch of the Tiguan (FWD & 4motion) run K04's with it & I haven't heard or seen any issues

I like the B6 wagons though

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
K, so as many of you know my gti was totaled and I'm looking into replacement options. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a B6 passat wagon, preferably with a TSI. The plan would be to do a budget build: coilovers, wheels, F23T or K04 setup. Any idea what that could run in the quarter mile? Was the dsg or a manual available on the B6 wagon? Could the stock tiptronic stand up to a turbo upgrade? Lemme know your thoughts on this as a budget replacement for my gti.

Pu a fwd tiquan 6speed stick basically a gti thats what I did for a DD .
Its a 2012 certified 1 owner off lease car with 38k miles only 13.9k. Good luck. Bob G

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Great info so far. Thanks, guys.

This has promise. Audi Allroad with only 68k miles, 2.7t, 6mt tranny, maintained at Benz Den in Belmont, MA, and judging from the house and driveway in the pics looks like it is owned by a wealthy family on Belmont Hill, close to where I grew up. Hopefully that means it was exceptionally well maintained:

Private seller, $7,700 http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...rds=2&firstRecord=1&zip=02472&searchType=used

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Great info so far. Thanks, guys.

This has promise. Audi Allroad with only 68k miles, 2.7t, 6mt tranny, maintained at Benz Den in Belmont, MA, and judging from the house and driveway in the pics looks like it is owned by a wealthy family on Belmont Hill, close to where I grew up. Hopefully that means it was exceptionally well maintained:

Private seller, $7,700 http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...rds=2&firstRecord=1&zip=02472&searchType=used

Id buy that in a second, Frankenturbo it and laugh at all the 5.0's and Evo's that get destroyed by a wagon

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I couldn't afford to make it romp with 5.0s (at least not Coyotes) any time soon.

In any case, I doubt I could afford to keep that Allroad on the road with my current 30k miles a year or commuting. I also heard from a friend that it needs the timing belt service at 80k and that's another $2,000 that I'd need to come up with within the next few months.

But damn, if I was seriously in the market for a 2.7t manual wagon, this would be a helluva find.

Car(s)
Subaru
I couldn't afford to make it romp with 5.0s (at least not Coyotes) any time soon.

In any case, I doubt I could afford to keep that Allroad on the road with my current 30k miles a year or commuting. I also heard from a friend that it needs the timing belt service at 80k and that's another $2,000 that I'd need to come up with within the next few months.

But damn, if I was seriously in the market for a 2.7t manual wagon, this would be a helluva find.

those all roads look amazing when lowered a little, wheels, and painted lowers.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
The Allroad is no longer listed, but that's probably for the best.

A friend just mentioned he knows of a mint condition blue manual 2007 b6 passat wagon for sale locally with 121k on the clock. The bad: it's a FSI, with miles. The good: color, manual, great condition, and only $5500.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Passat owner here. Love it. There have only been a handful of known tip cars with upgraded turbos. Some have flashed the trans or gotten a built valve body. Ive only read about one or two failures and who knows if the turbo was the reason it failed.

I was planning on going ft on mine and was going to do a level10 flash for $200 then get an aux cooler.

If leaving it stock I would def get the 3.6.

A4 or a6 wagons are also a nice option.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Tutti, thanks for your input. I see you've done some nice mods to yours. Have you taken it to the drag strip? Do you have any pics you could post?