GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Trial Problems - I'd Really Appreciate help here!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
did you clear the codes on all the modules?

davesee

FIA GT Champion
the APR dealer claimed that he did..

when I got in my car to drive away the CEL came on again... it is currently not on now.

agk - stoopid CEL's anyway.

I could swear you were gonna come to the rescue with a link to a PCV TSB dpham00!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
ok, so I guess I've convinced myself that there is no Technical Service Bulletin on the PCV common failure - and I have to convince my dealer that this is the reason that there is oil coming out of my oil cap....

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
the APR dealer claimed that he did..

when I got in my car to drive away the CEL came on again... it is currently not on now.

agk - stoopid CEL's anyway.

I could swear you were gonna come to the rescue with a link to a PCV TSB dpham00!

i'd clear the codes on the modules with codes...they might have missed some. you can do it thru the gateway installation real quick.

afaik, there isn't a pcv tsb. :frown:

Chongman805

have a BIG one ;-)
my intake flap motor went bad when I was stock. I guess it is a fairly common break on our car's. Well according to my dealer. I hope you get your car figured out man! I took my car in after getting chipped, just put your car stock and lock it. They couldn't tell on my car! Well they didn't care either, but they still couldn't tell.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
alright, thanks chongman - finally some words of encouragement...

the trial has expired, I am now stock and the program has been locked. (at least thats what the APR guy said)

Still no reply from APR - hmm

Taz

Ready to race!
Did you call APR or just email them? I've been on the road and I don't remember. Make sure you do both. Email and then call as a follow up. Sometimes people do go on vacation or out of the office and it can take a bit longer to receive a reply.

APR, GIAC, Upsolute have been 3 companies I have personally used with great success and no issues on VW/Audi vehicles. I hope this thread won't degenerate into a pissing contest about what vendor is better. Everybody can make mistakes. Try customer service is defined by what they do for you when things go wrong!

Who knows but the issue could be totally unrelated to your trial and something else could have failed. It would of course be easy to blame the trial as it would seem to be the most obvious cause. I know it is easy to jump to conclusions but it is better to wait to see all the evidence. This is true regardless of any vendor.

juttsvw

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 Rabbit
Did you call APR or just email them? I've been on the road and I don't remember. Make sure you do both. Email and then call as a follow up. Sometimes people do go on vacation or out of the office and it can take a bit longer to receive a reply.

APR, GIAC, Upsolute have been 3 companies I have personally used with great success and no issues on VW/Audi vehicles. I hope this thread won't degenerate into a pissing contest about what vendor is better. Everybody can make mistakes. Try customer service is defined by what they do for you when things go wrong!

Who knows but the issue could be totally unrelated to your trial and something else could have failed. It would of course be easy to blame the trial as it would seem to be the most obvious cause. I know it is easy to jump to conclusions but it is better to wait to see all the evidence. This is true regardless of any vendor.

X2 just got off the trial last week and now i'm in love:wub: