GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tearing up DSG clutches?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I have to say thank you! I just spoke to Billy. He’s awesome! I’m going to his shop either Saturday or next week to get stage 2 with DSG UM tune. We spoke about my future plans with a bigger turbo and fueling and I’m blown away with how knowledgeable and how respectful he is. Thanks so much for this connection so close to my home. Only problem is now my pocket is going to be worn out lololol. Love it!

:)

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have to say thank you! I just spoke to Billy. He’s awesome! I’m going to his shop either Saturday or next week to get stage 2 with DSG UM tune. We spoke about my future plans with a bigger turbo and fueling and I’m blown away with how knowledgeable and how respectful he is. Thanks so much for this connection so close to my home. Only problem is now my pocket is going to be worn out lololol. Love it!

Yes, Billy knows Dan (DBV2) quite well.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
i wish there was some way in all these threads about tunes to just auto reply "GET A DAMN COBB WITH EQT OR SOME OTHER TUNE ON IT AND DON"T GET ANYTHING ELSE YOU FOOLS"

hahah

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I think I have to many options lol. I feel I’m too green on this subject to make a proper decision now. Maybe I should do my research on options and make the decision afterwards. Just itching for more power like yesterday and Billy at A2B really made me completely decided. I just want to do the right thing I guess. Cobb seems nice because u can choose files. UM has flex fuel options and easy add ons from a shop close to my house. Ugggh man lol

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I think I have to many options lol. I feel I’m too green on this subject to make a proper decision now. Maybe I should do my research on options and make the decision afterwards. Just itching for more power like yesterday and Billy at A2B really made me completely decided. I just want to do the right thing I guess. Cobb seems nice because u can choose files. UM has flex fuel options and easy add ons from a shop close to my house. Ugggh man lol

Listen to Billy, he knows more about our cars than 95% of the people on this forum. He's highly regarded/trusted and has had his hands in some of the fastest cars our platform has seen. I believe he's still rebuilding (?) Gordon's DBV2 (v3 TBB) Golf R's blown engine. He was also the shop foreman/lead mechanic at Trend Motors. Hell, they still recommend him to this day for ANYTHING performance related - very rare to find a dealership turning away work and recommending an indy shop, let alone a shop owned by a previous employee.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Listen to Billy, he knows more about our cars than 95% of the people on this forum. He's highly regarded/trusted and has had his hands in some of the fastest cars our platform has seen. I believe he's still rebuilding (?) Gordon's DBV2 (v3 TBB) Golf R's blown engine. He was also the shop foreman/lead mechanic at Trend Motors. Hell, they still recommend him to this day for ANYTHING performance related - very rare to find a dealership turning away work and recommending an indy shop, let alone a shop owned by a previous employee.

I don't know Billy or anything, but having a local shop to help you in person, especially if you're green in the subject as you stated, is a win in my book.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
For the record, he doesn't like APR because of his own (unique) experience with them. It's not because they're a bad option like most people on this forum allude to, don't let ill-informed people persuade you. Ask him about it if you're still considering APR, but UM is a solid choice.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
IMS kit > APR Stage 3+. I'm not that impressed with their EFR 7163. Yeah, it's a full frame turbo but power wise, it doesn't impress me. Plus, APR wants to charge you an arm and a leg for it because, well, that's APR for you.
Also, littco is working on a full frame option, and I've heard PagParts has an off the menu, super secret full frame option. Depending on how big a pain in the butt it is to work with the stock piping, the shop that's doing mine may offer a full frame setup as well.

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Guys I have to say this , I really truly appreciate this help and insight. I had a mk4 and used to be a member of Vortex forums , any questions I had no matter what they were it was a bash session over there. This forum and you guys are great. You all have helped me more in a day then all my experiences over at Vortex. I’m just going to keep with my decision and meet Billy for UM. Being less then 45 minutes from me and so knowledgeable it’s a no brainer. A2B for me lol. I will let u guys know how I made out. Thanks for all the help from everyone who posted. I really appreciate it.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Also, littco is working on a full frame option, and I've heard PagParts has an off the menu, super secret full frame option. Depending on how big a pain in the butt it is to work with the stock piping, the shop that's doing mine may offer a full frame setup as well.
RPCs Xona kits with E-IWG looks pretty nice to, hope they have figured out the actuator movement which is the biggest reason to stay away from full frame turbos.

http://www.rpcmotorsport.com/tienda...kit-mqb-ea888-gen-iii.html#/147-tanamo-rpc550