GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple is very scared

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This is one major point I like about Apple products. The resale value is close to 70-80% of its msrp. The overseas is also a HUGE plus.

My current Droid x randomly restarts, apps work here and there. The screen has a liquid looking spot in the middle of the screen.. (Never dropped my phone) Worst of all, I'm stuck on Froyo 2.2! Jellybean 4.1 is coming out ...

I'm sick of it. Ready for a new phone..

I don't blame you with all those problems. I have had a Droid Bionic for a year or so and the thing is amazing.

Isn't the iPhone5 or whatever version they will call it going to be 4g? Also have a bigger screen? Jobs refused to change the screen size, IIRC.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the iPhone5 or whatever version they will call it going to be 4g? Also have a bigger screen? Jobs refused to change the screen size, IIRC.

Supposed to be 4g and larger screen. The biggest change will be a move from their 30 pin connector to mini USB. That will be a huge upset in the aftermarket.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Supposed to be 4g and larger screen. The biggest change will be a move from their 30 pin connector to mini USB. That will be a huge upset in the aftermarket.

Finally! The only phone company that wouldn't change! Yes, that will be huge!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Mini usb is an industry standard and actually required in Europe. Apple has to sell adapters to get around the requirement there. This will enable more space on the phone and they can do away with silly adapters.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I included the Starbucks comment just cause you were from Seattle! :laugh:

If an iPhone had 4G and was same price as a comparable Android phone, I would seriously consider it. Same with Macbooks. Same price as PC, I might give one a shot.Being a consumer is good when you have choices. Apple just happens to make my choice easy by pricing themselves out of what I'm willing to spend. Which is frustrating.

sure pcs are cheaper, but they also look like complete shit. my current macbook pro is 4 years old, runs like a champ, and still looks way better than any pc on the market today.

I've said this before, but to me apple products and GTI are similar. Other people don't see the value in our cars. WE like them because they are quick and have a nice fit and finish to them. Go talk to some EVO/STI guys and tell them that you spent nearly 30k on your GTI and see how they react.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
sure pcs are cheaper, but they also look like complete shit. my current macbook pro is 4 years old, runs like a champ, and still looks way better than any pc on the market today.

I've said this before, but to me apple products and GTI are similar. Other people don't see the value in our cars. WE like them because they are quick and have a nice fit and finish to them. Go talk to some EVO/STI guys and tell them that you spent nearly 30k on your GTI and see how they react.

I understand what you mean by the analogy being a niche product, but I think it's backwards. GTI is cheaper than the STI or Evo. I didn't pay anywhere near 30k for my car. Macbook is more than a PC. But I understand the point. Looks is all subjective though.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I've had an Android phone on Verizon for two years now and preordered a Galaxy S3 that ships next week. I'm selling it to a friend when it comes in so I can buy an iPhone5 off contract this fall. I haven't had an iPhone yet and I'm willing to pony up to try one.

My biggest complaints about new Android phones are the freaking size and update pace. I paid $250 to preorder the "flagship Android phone" that is 5" long and has an 8 month old operating system. The 4" iPhone5 sounds like a good form factor for me and I already have some money invested in Apple's ecosystem with my 4g iPod Touch.

Really Android vs iPhone is a crapshoot. Buy the phone that best fits your hand, runs the apps you use, and accept that something new comes out every 3 months that makes your brand new device look like a dinosaur.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
On the flip side, OS X Mt. Lion is $20 bucks to upgrade everyone in your household. I recall every windows OS has been in the $100 plus unless you have a student discount etc and its 1 time use.

Each company has their pros and cons.

And Linux is free. I can run a different Linux distro everyday of the week on all my different systems and it costs me exactly $0. :D

I am assuming you are talking about the exterior atheistics? Here's the flaw with that argument, YOU think the Macs look good, I think they are ridiculous. Gives me THX1138 flashbacks......

With a PC people can build their own, and customize and individualize their systems. I haven't purchased anything off the market since 1998.

Some amazing things done with PCs....

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
I am assuming you are talking about the exterior atheistics? Here's the flaw with that argument, YOU think the Macs look good, I think they are ridiculous. Gives me THX1138 flashbacks......

With a PC people can build their own, and customize and individualize their systems. I haven't purchased anything off the market since 1998.

Some amazing things done with PCs....

ya that's cool and I definitely respect people who build their own computers, but there's few things to consider here.

1. I'm not really into asians/anime/pokemon.

2. I have a girlfriend. There's no need for me to play with some fake computer chick.

3. It doesn't really look portable.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
...I know someone who bought a new iPad and a macbook at the same time, then complained about how much money she'd spent. I asked her why those particular devices and she said because they are cool. :iono:

Having an iPhone has become a huge trend. Like being seen with a Starbucks cup or something. That is what is really disgusting.

"When deep space exploration ramps up, it'll be the corporations that will name everything: The Ibm Stellarsphere, The Microsoft Galaxy....Planet Starbucks."

^10 points to whoever knows that quote.

It's not the product that has turned me off of Apple, it's the people that I encounter who use their stuff. It bothers me when people think that their Iphone is the only phone that can do anything useful.

oSniper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

my laptop is 4 years old and runs great too...

there are TONS of different looking pcs on the market.... its ridiculous to say that your macbook pro looks way better than any of them

plus, your macbook pro looks the same as everyone else's... so boring, nothing unique about it

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
In my opinion apple is freakin expensive yes but their strength is the way their devices ALL work together. Every piece of tech they make perfectly functions with all their other devices. I scoffed at Apple for years, the only thing I owned of theirs was an Ipod. Then I got an imac for my wife, then a macbook pro for me, and so on and so forth. Now my house has one lone non apple device, a laptop my wife uses for work due to a soft ware incompatability with Mac.

JP

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
my laptop is 4 years old and runs great too...

there are TONS of different looking pcs on the market.... its ridiculous to say that your macbook pro looks way better than any of them

plus, your macbook pro looks the same as everyone else's... so boring, nothing unique about it

pictures of your laptop?? I would like to see how it looks compared to my 4 year old macbook pro. Also I never said that it was unique.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion