GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple is very scared

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This thread has some big potential! Apple fanboys vs. non-apple. Anyone got some popcorn??

Apple is a great business. They know how to market well and make money. They are a poor choice for a consumer. Slowly releasing new technology despite the fact that they have had it for awhile just to drive up a frenzy for said product, only to release something less than a year later with 1 or 2 new features. It amazes me that someone would pay so much for something, it become 'obsolete' (despite the fact it works just fine) and then shell out several hundred dollars more for the new model. I just don't get it. They still have not released a phone that is 4g capable.

That being said, they are responsible for some amazing innovations, and the phone/mp3 player/tablet world would not be what it is today without them. Kudos to Apple for that, and being able to capitalize on people who care about trendy and new things.

Ridiculous that they would try and sue everyone for everything. It is a capitalistic society, and Apple is huge on taking advantage of that fact. They just don't want anyone else doing it as well. Isn't that called a monopoly? Choice is good for everyone. Don't like choice? Move to China and have the government choose for you!

For the record, I use a Droid Bionic phone, iPod touch and do not have a tablet, but definitely want an iPad. I like both Apple and non Apple products.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Apple sues everyone all the time, like when they sued Cisco for them using IPhone on their products. Court overturned the suit. Still regardless they'll continue to to sell their products like freshly baked warm bread.

Merkle

Banned
Apple iOS devices still make up over 75% of the market, I say competition is good for business, as long as it's not a direct copy. I mean, what if every automobile maker sued each other over an H patter gear shifter, or clutch-brake-gas location of the pedals. Good ideas become the standard.

Apple... overpriced pretty things for girls, and wanna be graphic design art students.

If it's an consolation, I own an iPod. Nothing else under the apple banner though. It's just normally the kids with the iPhones, and iPad2s, and iMacs, and MacBook Pros, and iPod9's, and iHomes, and iVibrators, have sticker bombed rear windows, and neon pink 20" wheels on air with severe camber.

In other words.... tools, to the T

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Apple iOS devices still make up over 75% of the market, I say competition is good for business, as long as it's not a direct copy.

:confused: Are you counting iPod Shuffles in your made up percentage? :laugh:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/06/06/smartphone-market-share-2012-ios-windows-phone-idc/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/14/2869858/apple-54-7-percent-tablet-market-q4-11-kindle-fire-idc

Competition is good for CONSUMERS...it's a pain in the ass for businesses. It would be so much easier for a business to make whatever they wanted however they wanted charge whatever they wanted and have the consumer buy it because they had no choice. Based solely on Apple's litigation department that seems to be their main desired business goal.

Direct copies are bad and wrong, we need innovation, not replication. However, there has to be some form of logic applied to WHAT you can patent. Imagine a world where the first company to make a car patented the wheel? Is a Toyota a copy of a Honda because it uses a rubber circle mounted on a wheel filled with air? Come on. Patent slide to unlock? Patenting icons on a screen that move when you use the touch screen? Home screens?? Ridiculous.