GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple is very scared

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Memory and that version of the chip are made in Korea, yes. Those components are often outsourced depending on who has production capacity to fill.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Apple is for the average consumer that wants to accomplish simple tasks...

A PC with Dual-boot Linux distro such as BackTrack5 with Windows 7 is a powerful machine capable of endless functions. Same goes for Android.

I've had them all, I have the right to speak about both parties :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
I'm on the phone with Apple customer support right now.

His response to the question "is apple scared" was "No".

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I'm on the phone with Apple customer support right now.

His response to the question "is apple scared" was "No".

yeah, I would not be if I was them. Their marketing is too good and powerful. Plus, like I said before, the entire brand is a trend. Whether they have good products or not is not the issue, because they do some things very well. Even if they have never had a phone capable of 4g speed, they still sell like hotcakes because of the buzz they create. Pure genius from a business perspective. Gotta admire that.

MK6_EF9

Ready to race!
yeah, I would not be if I was them. Their marketing is too good and powerful. Plus, like I said before, the entire brand is a trend. Whether they have good products or not is not the issue, because they do some things very well. Even if they have never had a phone capable of 4g speed, they still sell like hotcakes because of the buzz they create. Pure genius from a business perspective. Gotta admire that.

+1 So true.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Apple is for the average consumer that wants to accomplish simple tasks...

A PC with Dual-boot Linux distro such as BackTrack5 with Windows 7 is a powerful machine capable of endless functions.

This is a completely ignorant statement. It's UNIX under the hood. I was a SUN sys engineer many years ago, and I was also into Macs since I was in the graphics industry. When the Mac went UNIX the two best things combined. Mac OS X is incredibly powerful, but it can also be incredibly simple. That's what makes it great. The Mac can also dual boot or run Parallels with Windows 7. I prefer Parallels since I don't have to reboot. You can also run Linux on it. So how exactly is a Linux distro dual booting with Windows more capable than a Mac that can run all 3 (Mac OS, Linux, Windows)? :iono:

See... ignorant statement is ignorant.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
I don't know about being scared, their trying to protect their intellectual property.

Yeah, uh, no:

Oh, that isn't my experience. Typically any Apple related topic on the internet, PC/Android folks coming out of the woodwork to bash those who like Apple products, yet the never owned an Apple product.

Apple folks who diss PC/Android products are typically speaking to a negative experience they had.

Not necessarily. Even though I'm a droid user, I like gadgets, and a strong iPhone product means that all the other players up their game, so be it.

I own an iPad and an iPod, great products, but every time I use them it makes me appreciate my GNex that much more. I'm not the type of turbonerd that jailbreaks every piece of equipment, but Apple OS of all stripes is very confining. I could take the time to list out the capabilities that my phone has (and I find useful, daily) and that Apple lacks, but that would make for a long and tedious post.

Suffice to say, your premise is projection; whenever my iFriends get to talking junk, I simply remind them of the time GNex got the job done when their overpriced fashion statement couldn't, and leave it at that.

I do look forward to when the next iPhone comes out, and we get to hear how revolutionary/game-changing their LTE and NFC capabilities are.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
This is a completely ignorant statement. It's UNIX under the hood. I was a SUN sys engineer many years ago, and I was also into Macs since I was in the graphics industry. When the Mac went UNIX the two best things combined. Mac OS X is incredibly powerful, but it can also be incredibly simple. That's what makes it great. The Mac can also dual boot or run Parallels with Windows 7. I prefer Parallels since I don't have to reboot. You can also run Linux on it. So how exactly is a Linux distro dual booting with Windows more capable than a Mac that can run all 3 (Mac OS, Linux, Windows)? :iono:

See... ignorant statement is ignorant.

Were simply speaking in terms of a full package and OS capabilities, I also have Mac osx on my PC, difference is I didn't pay an arm and a leg to be able to perform these functions.

If you care about your hard wares style, then by all means...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Were simply speaking in terms of a full package and OS capabilities, I also have Mac osx on my PC, difference is I didn't pay an arm and a leg to be able to perform these functions.

If you care about your hard wares style, then by all means...

Your statement wasn't about style or money. It was about capability. I stand by my response to your statement. :thumbsup: