Car(s)
vw gti mkv
Nice car..n veryyy detailed write up.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Nice car..n veryyy detailed write up.

Thanks, it is one of the most fun daily drivers I have ever had. Thing just runs well day in and day out and even with all of the modding I have never been left stranded in almost 7 years of ownership. It has only been to the dealer twice, once for the mechtronics recall and once to get the ECU tune flashed back to stock. A few more tweaks have been done recently and I will go back to the dyno before Xmas.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I have question regarding the snow performance setup, a friend of mine has a Seat Cupra R which is running K04 and he is running Revo software stage 2+ and his car setup is almost close to yours. He runs snow performance FSI stage2 kit, with nozzle 2 (100ml/min) in the TB spacer and nozzle 3 (175ml/min) in the BSH throttle pipe, I feel it is not enough as the timing pull is still high. Actually I know devilsown very well but I have no experience with snow performance.

I adjusted the controller exactly like yours but still timing pull is very bad.
http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/GIACUser/media/Snowsett_zpsa2b83eb6.jpg.html

Do you think he need to upgrade the nozzles from 100 to 175 and from 175 to 225 or what?
Thanks in advance man.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have question regarding the snow performance setup, a friend of mine has a Seat Cupra R which is running K04 and he is running Revo software stage 2+ and his car setup is almost close to yours. He runs snow performance FSI stage2 kit, with nozzle 2 (100ml/min) in the TB spacer and nozzle 3 (175ml/min) in the BSH throttle pipe, I feel it is not enough as the timing pull is still high. Actually I know devilsown very well but I have no experience with snow performance.

I adjusted the controller exactly like yours but still timing pull is very bad.
http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/GIACUser/media/Snowsett_zpsa2b83eb6.jpg.html

Do you think he need to upgrade the nozzles from 100 to 175 and from 175 to 225 or what?
Thanks in advance man.

If timing is being pulled you first need to see if it is fuel related.

A quick way for him to see if the retarded timing is fuel related would be to do some logging before buying any parts.

Do timing logs with 50-50 mix
Do timing logs with 75-25 mix (75% alky)

If he sees an improvement then he knows that going with bigger nozzles will help. When WM is dialed in he should have zero timing pulled.

I am not familiar with his tune, but he should increase by smallest nozzle increases possible until he sees zero timing pull to redline.

The nozzle sizes I am using relate directly to my DM tune. He will have to see what works for his tune.

Zach L

VR junkie
Thanks for all the informative commentary and knowledge provided in this thread. Glad you still love your car and keep it coming!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks for all the informative commentary and knowledge provided in this thread. Glad you still love your car and keep it coming!

Thanks for waking up the older thread. Glad you found some useful info.

My lastest quest has been finding a solution for what appeared to be a slightly slipping DSG. Saturday I went to AU Tuning in my area and moved from GIAC DSG software to Unitronics Stage III DSG software. Things seem better but only the dyno will tell the real story as the slipping is not something so drastic that you feel, it only shows up in poor figures on the dyno, car still blazing on the street. The Drivermotorsport tune is just awesome.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Saw your post about Mfactory LSD...did you ever get it installed?

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thanks for waking up the older thread. Glad you found some useful info.

My lastest quest has been finding a solution for what appeared to be a slightly slipping DSG. Saturday I went to AU Tuning in my area and moved from GIAC DSG software to Unitronics Stage III DSG software. Things seem better but only the dyno will tell the real story as the slipping is not something so drastic that you feel, it only shows up in poor figures on the dyno, car still blazing on the street. The Drivermotorsport tune is just awesome.

Just an FYI, a buddy of mine just went from Unitronic DSG to United Motorsport DSG tune and couldn't be happier.

Zach L

VR junkie
Just an FYI, a buddy of mine just went from Unitronic DSG to United Motorsport DSG tune and couldn't be happier.
I think half of the benefits people experience when changing software isn't due necessarily to which brand they choose, but just the fact that the software was reflashed and any possible corruption of the code was corrected. People making the exact opposite switch may both experience improvements.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I think half of the benefits people experience when changing software isn't due necessarily to which brand they choose, but just the fact that the software was reflashed and any possible corruption of the code was corrected. People making the exact opposite switch may both experience improvements.

Good point. Also the new tune can feel awesome at first but then adapt and not run as strong once fuel trims and timing characteristics have settled in over time.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Pics as of 7/5/2015
mileage - 67,029
Car still looks good at almost 8 yrs but I take decent care of it.
Car is still running fantastic, mileage will not accumulate as much as I just retired!!! Yes I am that old, still a kid at heart when it comes to cars.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Looking good! Retired? You didn't seem that old when I met you. Maybe mid to late 40's? If so you've done very well!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk