GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
According to UPS, tomorrow is T day. Will post the unboxing.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Awesome!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Pics of the Turbozentrum EFR 7163

Well it is finally here and it looks to be a very well finished piece. I can hardly wait to get it up and running but a lot has to happen before then. Here are the pics. As you can see it is much like a a K04 in terms of design however there are no K04 parts being used here like is done with f23t or TTE480. This is a complete custom build exhaust side manifold made to bolt right up just like K04.

GIACUser said:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I've had some issues with Red Horse fittings in the past, make sure there aren't any burrs or nicks in the inside of the fittings where the hose goes in. I've had several hose ends have leaks from them being defective on the inside, and a couple with messed up threads. The messed up threads could possibly have been caused by something other than them since they were from a store, but just FYI.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I've had some issues with Red Horse fittings in the past, make sure there aren't any burrs or nicks in the inside of the fittings where the hose goes in. I've had several hose ends have leaks from them being defective on the inside, and a couple with messed up threads. The messed up threads could possibly have been caused by something other than them since they were from a store, but just FYI.

Thanks for the heads up I will have a close look at them and replace if necessary.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well brakes are finally done and have been shipped. Just waiting for them to arrive. Went with 18z system. These are the brakes found on a Cayenne or Audi Q7. 6pot front/ 4pot rear, guess if they can stop a 5400lb vehicle they should do well with more aggressive pads on the GTI which weighs 2000lbs less. I am also installing an RS3 master cylinder and Willwood parking brake caliper. They have been tested, rebuilt and refinished. Going to run HPS 5.0 for street and drop in Hawk Blues up front for track days and see how that goes. At least so far these will be behind 18x9.5in Enkei RPF1. Should look good.

F

R

P

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Holy hell batman! So why the 18 instead of the 17z? Hopefully paired with the RS3 master you'll have some good pedal feel. Are you also swapping the RS3 booster as well? Apparently you have to do both as the TTRS/RS3 do not bolt up to the OEM booster.

I spoke with folks at HSTuning where I purchased the master cylinder and they indicate that I can use the OEM booster. If it turns out they are wrong I will switch. 18z for the larger rotors mostly.

GTISlow did 17z fronts and the RS3 Master Cylinder and he indicated that it made a lot of difference in pedal travel/feel.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, brakes are great with the RS3 MC.. Getting better and better with break in. You will love them.

Congrats on getting parts in, really loving this build.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Brakes from Rotorlab in today. Looking good and BIG. Now to get them mounted and figure out what wheels I can use. My hope is for 18x9.5 et15 Enkei RPF1. So this weekend all new wheel bearings, brakes and coilovers go on and if all goes well for Chris, my buddy, who is doing all the work on the entire project.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
:w00t: