GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I am rolling around in a ticking time bomb of a TDI.... $8000-10000 repair costs of a failed fuel pump that no one knows why/how fails...

Holy fuuuu…. My sister has a '10 Jetta TDI. Should warn her about this.

i dont think you'll see 0% financing on the wrx or sti. maybe 1.9% but it doubt that as well. now if you were talking the outback or impreza..then yeah, but not gonna happen on the rex. such a shame too.

I don't see them offering 0% on WRX either because it obviously doesn't need it to move units.

Why is it a shame? They are offering 2.9% financing, which is still below inflation. 0% is just free money and is usually in lieu of discounts.

Just saw a commercial for a some Ford SUV that has 0% for 72mos PLUS "cash back" discounts. The either/or scheme only seems to work for Toyota or Honda these days.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Holy fuuuu…. My sister has a '10 Jetta TDI. Should warn her about this.

I don't see them offering 0% on WRX either because it obviously doesn't need it to move units.

Just saw a commercial for a some Ford SUV that has 0% for 72mos PLUS "cash back" discounts. The either/or scheme only seems to work for Toyota or Honda these days.

2010 models are much more likely to have this issue yes... The later ones seem to have less of failure rate...

mmoran903

Ready to race!

FWIW, I was planning on doing the offered 2.9%, but the (rather attractive) finance manager got my rate though BB&T (or some other random bank, can't recall, to be truthful) instead of Subaru and got me down to 2.5% because my credit is pretty good.

I know the .4% isn't much, but it's pretty much splitting the difference between 1.9 and 2.9, so hell, i'll take whatever help they want to throw at me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Why is it a shame? They are offering 2.9% financing, which is still below inflation. 0% is just free money and is usually in lieu of discounts.

+1000

test drove a forester xt last night. I likey very much.

nice eh? does it get up and scoot?

FWIW, I was planning on doing the offered 2.9%, but the (rather attractive) finance manager got my rate though BB&T (or some other random bank, can't recall, to be truthful) instead of Subaru and got me down to 2.5% because my credit is pretty good.

I know the .4% isn't much, but it's pretty much splitting the difference between 1.9 and 2.9, so hell, i'll take whatever help they want to throw at me.

well done.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Good point. As the car goes out of warranty, it becomes a game of "Which catastrophic component failure is my car going to have?"

Yeah, my car has had almost zero problems in 40k miles. But I can't help but feel like it's a ticking time bomb...

I don't see them offering 0% on WRX either because it obviously doesn't need it to move units...

Nah, the "special" on wrx's is 2.9%.

A lot of people jumping ship?

at least 4 :thumbup: haha does that count ? Ah it's probably more than that. But really, while they are probably closer to each other now than before, they are still geared toward people with different priorities. I think subaru may steal a few more people who would have originally purchased a gti now though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word^

I'm anxiously awaiting checking out my buddy's and taking it for a spin, hopefully next weekend.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Yeah, my car has had almost zero problems in 40k miles. But I can't help but feel like it's a ticking time bomb...

I know that feeling. My GTI, aside from rattles, has been rock solid for nearly 20k miles with 15k of those being K04 yet I always have this feeling once that odometer rolls past 40k half the car is going to fall off as I back out of the driveway one day.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
German car ownership paranoia. I know that feel.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I think its funny how ppl think that 40k is high mileage... or even 100k... :laugh:

I am nursing a crown vic with 340k miles... original engine/trans. Prob going to get it to 400k.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
FFR Cobra, GX470
I think its funny how ppl think that 40k is high mileage... or even 100k... :laugh:

I am nursing a crown vic with 340k miles... original engine/trans. Prob going to get it to 400k.

100k is high mileage if the car hasn't been properly maintained. In general, I agree with you though. I've had many 100k+ cars that had little to no issues. I knew they were all properly maintained though.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
German car ownership paranoia. I know that feel.

Read the paranoia here less, drive more, do good maintenance and enjoy! If a makes you paranoid u are here too much. Dont need another McQueen laying it on like his Beemer purchase/regret over the GTi etc etc.

40K miles keeping u up at night?? Effing silly. Its a car! You live, you drive after you buy and you dont look back. Life is short. Think before you buy/research fully and you will be just dandy!

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Read the paranoia here less, drive more, do good maintenance and enjoy! If a makes you paranoid u are here too much. Dont need another McQueen laying it on like his Beemer purchase/regret over the GTi etc etc.

40K miles keeping u up at night?? Effing silly. Its a car! You live, you drive after you buy and you dont look back. Life is short. Think before you buy/research fully and you will be just dandy!

:clap: that is VERY true. I've told myself that before, no doubt about it :w00t:

jmdeis11

Ready to race!

goodbye gti, it's been a fun 3 yrs!