GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
These are fairly rare and expensive here. 39-45k Euro's.

Isn't it a huge pain to import that into germany? Taxes? Import fees then getting it licensed. Also everything will be in mph vs kph?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Another guy locally in a car group his engine just let go. Rings. Picture of it being worked on.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
He is in the Military, I am sure there is a way around allot of this. Right?:iono:

Jeff

Im not military. Had a full Navy flying career. My agency has me under the SOFA here. Anyone under that is allowed to bring their car over, US model and register it. New or used. Applies to mil folks or civilians.

Thanks for the great insight into your ownership above! Im looking forward to the STi, never owned a Subaru at all. Just love cars of all kinds and it was time for the GTi to go. Sold quick! I know the fuel economy of the STi is not GTi efficient but thats ok. I have short commute and will save the power and fun for the good places here one can enjoy!

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Another guy locally in a car group his engine just let go. Rings. Picture of it being worked on.

Not good but thats an older car. Can happen to new ones. My GTi needed an engine 1 year after it came here. It was a 12 with a major ignition mis-fire. Cyl 4 said bye bye!

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion

Drove one of these at work. I really like the new interior. I didn't think it felt cheap. Seating surfaces felt nice. One day I'll own one. It's just natural progression haha

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Some nice reviews from current owners here. Im on this forum now. I hope my initial experience will be as good. Quite an age spread of owners as well. Car seems to have a nice appeal across a broad spectrum at least on this forum. Ferrari owners etc etc.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2015-sti-discussion/277830-wow-what-great-car.html

My first mod will be the turn signal module posted in the thread.