GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Ford Police Interceptor

Lucidity

Marx
dude, just sell ur gti and dont ever comeback to this forum :sm3:

Dude, it's not my fault you don't live in the real world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Jetta
"One major change is the introduction of the first multi-link independent rear suspension in a Jetta. The design of the rear suspension is nearly identical to the one found in the Ford Focus.[82] Volkswagen reportedly hired engineers from Ford who designed the suspension on the Focus.[54]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_(international)
"Following the 1998 introduction of Control Blade suspension and popularization by the Focus, other manufacturers (e.g., Volkswagen with the Golf V) began offering multi-link design rear suspensions in the compact class, or small family car (European) class.[8][10]"

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/41365/volkswagen_golf.html
"So the arrival of Golf the fifth begs more questions than those pertaining to extra space (plus-2in rear legroom thanks to a longer wheelbase), extra safety, extra equipment and extra eco-friendliness. We want extra evo-friendliness, too, something the newcomer promises, thanks to a new suspension design that came with the ex-Ford Focus engineers that VW, newly aware of its best-seller's dynamic shortcomings, poached for the purpose."

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Dude, it's not my fault you don't live in the real world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Jetta
"One major change is the introduction of the first multi-link independent rear suspension in a Jetta. The design of the rear suspension is nearly identical to the one found in the Ford Focus.[82] Volkswagen reportedly hired engineers from Ford who designed the suspension on the Focus.[54]"

like i said, if u like american garbage so much, then get urself 1... and dont comeback here

Lucidity

Marx
like i said, if u like american garbage so much, then get urself 1... and dont comeback here

You're right, I should be ashamed of knowing that the entire reason my car handles so well is because it was by and designed after a competitor's car that handles well. Do yourself a favor and stop responding trying to act like because you're completely ignorant and a fanboy that you are somehow relevant and better. You're not.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
still american garbage!

If I drove my VW, or ANY European car for that matter, the way police cars get driven, they wouldn't last a year. I see 3 year old Crown Vics with 140,000+ miles on them on a daily basis. They run 20+ hours a day, with the AC on, in stop and go traffic, and rarely ever have problems. The only one's I've had problems with are 98 and 99 models, back in 2008, after they were already 11 years old and in service the whole time. Get off your Euro car high horse and realize that even though American cars may not be as fun to drive, or be as appealing, they do last and are reliable. And don't tell people to trade their shit in and not come back here just because they don't swing on the nuts of the car they own, you're not impressing anyone and are coming off as a 16 year old cock.

stock weight: curb weight (lbs) 3,741 + all the police crap (500lbs?) with 365hp it will still be a hella slow car

Police package right now includes stiffer springs, heavy duty shocks, transmission cooler and an oil cooler, lexan shield in the back, no back seats (replaced with plastic), a radio the specific agency puts in, a computer, and a light bar as well as any other lights required by the agency. I'm gonna guess the weight of that stuff only adds up to about 50 or 60 pounds more than a regular car, since a lot of things are also taken out.

Lucidity

Marx
If you read what the link said, it's 2006

If you read the link it says released 2009. I don't think you could determine the quality of a car if you only examined problems that occur within a few months of release. Instead they measure problems from day one to the third year. Hence the release covers 2006 cars and was released in 2009.

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
Wouldn't you rather drive one of these?
I'm not sure what motor was offered to LAPD but they're available here with the 6.0lt LSIV @ 367hp or the 6.2 @ 440hp for the HSV models :eyebulge:

http://jalopnik.com/5230928/lapd-to-buy-chevy+badged-holden-commodore-police-cars

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
If I drove my VW, or ANY European car for that matter, the way police cars get driven, they wouldn't last a year. I see 3 year old Crown Vics with 140,000+ miles on them on a daily basis. They run 20+ hours a day, with the AC on, in stop and go traffic, and rarely ever have problems. The only one's I've had problems with are 98 and 99 models, back in 2008, after they were already 11 years old and in service the whole time. Get off your Euro car high horse and realize that even though American cars may not be as fun to drive, or be as appealing, they do last and are reliable. And don't tell people to trade their shit in and not come back here just because they don't swing on the nuts of the car they own, you're not impressing anyone and are coming off as a 16 year old cock.

Police package right now includes stiffer springs, heavy duty shocks, transmission cooler and an oil cooler, lexan shield in the back, no back seats (replaced with plastic), a radio the specific agency puts in, a computer, and a light bar as well as any other lights required by the agency. I'm gonna guess the weight of that stuff only adds up to about 50 or 60 pounds more than a regular car, since a lot of things are also taken out.

i saw a show on how a company was making cop cars. its way more than 50lbs of extra weight.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
i saw a show on how a company was making cop cars. its way more than 50lbs of extra weight.

And I saw a show of my life, and it's about 50 pounds of weight. We don't have fancy shit such as ballistic panels, or fancy schmancy glass. We have all carpet removed, no sound deadening or carpet in the trunk of the car, no spare or jack, rear seats removed, regular center console taken out and custom one installed to hold the radio, plastic shield to separate front from rear, rear door panels removed. It's all light weight and cheap shit that is mass produced. I think that Carbon Motors got it right with their police car, everything else is just a regular car forced to do things they were not designed to do.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
www.carbonmotors.com Who knows it this new company will ever succeed with a brand new unproven car.

The new 2012 Ford Taurus Police Interceptor will soon be tested out by the Michigan State Police and the LA County Sherrif's Dept. Then if it gets their blessing police departments across the country will buy them.

Lucidity

Marx
www.carbonmotors.com Who knows it this new company will ever succeed with a brand new unproven car.

The new 2012 Ford Taurus Police Interceptor will soon be tested out by the Michigan State Police and the LA County Sherrif's Dept. Then if it gets their blessing police departments across the country will buy them.

If it can survive the Michigan winter and roads, it should fair well pretty much anywhere.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
And I saw a show of my life, and it's about 50 pounds of weight. We don't have fancy shit such as ballistic panels, or fancy schmancy glass. We have all carpet removed, no sound deadening or carpet in the trunk of the car, no spare or jack, rear seats removed, regular center console taken out and custom one installed to hold the radio, plastic shield to separate front from rear, rear door panels removed. It's all light weight and cheap shit that is mass produced. I think that Carbon Motors got it right with their police car, everything else is just a regular car forced to do things they were not designed to do.

You must be a fleet technician for a city, then, right?