GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SSS_Hoon

Service and additional work.

Just reading the service manual for out MKV 2005 GTI as its due for the 120k service. There is no mention in there anywhere about getting the DSG service done, as most places want to charge xtra 4-600 for that alone, yet Derek said its included in the 120k service. I cannot find it in the...
  2. SSS_Hoon

is vag com(whatever its called) needed?

Just wondering if i would need to clear any codes or anything. Just replaced the DV in the GTI, now the DV has been gone for about 2 months. Would there be any errors or anything like that that i would need to clear? SSS_Hoon
  3. SSS_Hoon

MKV GTI DSG 120K service.

just wondering what i should be looking at for this cost wise, im at west syd and dont want to use nepean motor group, where else should i take it to. Also would any mech be able to do it seeing as its out of warranty and that now, or is there soething that only VW should do seeing as its the...
  4. SSS_Hoon

05 MKV GTI batt replacement.

Hey just wondering is there a specific batt that is needed for the MKV GTI? ours is on its way out im fairly sure. Wondering what others have put in their car as a replacement for the stock item. Also what price are we looking at for a new one. thanx in advance. SSS_Hoon
  5. SSS_Hoon

is it the DV?

got a 05 MKV GTI DSG, and i think the DV has gone. There is like a constant whistle while accelarating and there is no real blow off sound like there used to be anymore. just sounds like the boost is constantly building up. Car also feels sluggish now. had a qwik look at forge and parts4euro...
  6. SSS_Hoon

reset the service indicator.

Just wondering does this have to be done by VW service department, or can i do it myself. As our GTI is out of wararnty now and we are going to the minor 105k service ourselves(or get seb to do it if can get in contact with him). we have DSG and no sat nav so dont have the full display dash...
  7. SSS_Hoon

tow bar

after a tow bar for a MKV GTI where can they be bought from other then VW, as i assume VW would want a fortune for it. SSS_Hoon
  8. SSS_Hoon

90K GTI service, TDI oil WTF?

We had our car in for the 90k service on the weekend, and i read over the printout they gave us with what they used and what not on it. And for oil it has TDI oil? now this has to be a mistake right? As im sure the last one had mobil 1 there and the one before that had VW oil with the weights...
  9. SSS_Hoon

rear brakes worn before front?

Our GTI is in for its 90k service today. Its free due to problems with the last service, wont go into it again here there is a few threads about it somewhere on here. They have rang the wife twice now, first was asking if she wanted to tyres rotated she said yeah sure, now how much...
  10. SSS_Hoon

MKV GTI IPOD.

The wife is after a cheap IPOD connection for her GTI as she doesnt want to pay the 300 odd for the factory IPOD dock station. She is looking at the FM transmitter ones. I was just wondering has anyone used one of these in there GTI with success. What brand was it, what are the pro's and...
  11. SSS_Hoon

GTI engine differences?

Does anyone have a link with the differences between the year model ( 05-06-07-08-09) model GTI's and also the difference in the DSG between the years also. Plus what other differences there are mechanicaly between them. (including the Ed30/pirelli) And then the differences between the S3...
  12. SSS_Hoon

NSW extended warranty on GTI

Just wondering if anyone knows when it must be taken out, do you have to take it out when you first buy the car, before the normal 3yr/100000k runs out? If its before the normal warranty runs out when does that start? Does the 3yrs/100k warranty start when the car is first rego or does it...
  13. SSS_Hoon

error code help.

We got our back from its 75k service(long story there is thread here somewhere about it) and they gave us the diagnostic report printout thing. and on there there was a error code something along the lines of. Supply voltage error at terminal 50 it came up a few times, what is it and it...
  14. SSS_Hoon

sad 75k service PT.II with pics.

Well went back on sat to get the oil re done as they left the sump plug out as you can see from the pics ignore the date as the camera date has not been set correctly. We dropped it off sat morning about 10am asked to see the service manager he is not there, so i asked if the guy that i told...
  15. SSS_Hoon

Shocking 75k service

We just had our GTI in for its 75k service on the weekend. Put in sat morning got it back sat arvo paid the $330 (rort) Drove it sat night then sunday morning went to go do the shopping only to notice a puddle of oil on the ground where the car was parked.. Thought damm that must be from...
  16. SSS_Hoon

MKV GTI new ECU?

Our 05 GTI last week the EPC and Zorst sytem warning lights came on the orange ones not the red ones, rang vw assist they said book it in and if it start to play up or lack of power or anything like that ring them and they will tow it, they told us its ok to continue to drive it. Rang up VW to...
  17. SSS_Hoon

GTI tyre size alternatives?

Was just wondering what size tyres can be put on the 05 MKV GTI legally and that meet the specs they aer meant to meet in the 17" sizes only stock GTI rim, and how much if any they afect the rolling diameter and speedo and the what not. SSS_Hoon
  18. SSS_Hoon

Tyre, where from & Price...West SYd

well its come time to get some new tyres for the GTI they have done nearly 70k and still got more except the 2 holes we have are slowly leaking and need to be filled up every 2-3days the wife is getting annoyed with it. So was wondering where from and waht brand in western sydney out penrith...
  19. SSS_Hoon

60K service Answers...

We got our 60k service done on tuesday, cost us $820 They asked if it were fleet car hehehe must be something to do with either the price being cheap or how many k's are on the car, it is a 05 model DSG 5 door CW GTI though. Now they did not replace the spark plugs even though on the...
  20. SSS_Hoon

GTI n TDI the same?

i sent compfriction a email about a price on brake pads they were $333 plus $12 for delivery. He did say that he only had a listing for the TDI and not the GTI but said they were the same he thinks i was wondering is this true are they infact the same? this was for the ferodo DS2500...