GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is it the DV?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
got a 05 MKV GTI DSG, and i think the DV has gone.

There is like a constant whistle while accelarating and there is no real blow off sound like there used to be anymore. just sounds like the boost is constantly building up. Car also feels sluggish now.

had a qwik look at forge and parts4euro websites, but am unsure as to what it is i would need with there being many different versions.

the car is a 2005 MKV GTI with DSG. not after just the spacer which i assume is just a BOV and not the actual valve as that will not fix the problem just make noise.

Thanx

SSS_Hoon

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Just get the Rev D OEM DV. It is awesome. DV's always fuck up in our cars. Take it out and look if it has been torn.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the car is completly stock.

How much is the OEM version going for. The car is out of warranty so we would have to pay for it.

SSS_Hoon

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
the car is completly stock.

How much is the OEM version going for. The car is out of warranty so we would have to pay for it.

SSS_Hoon

Stock piping can still come undone, promise! :biggrin:

Anyways, they're typically about $80 US. If you have jackstands or ramps, the DV can be removed, inspected and replaced in under 30 minutes. Worth replacing anyways, if for nothing else than piece of mind. As DeanCorp said, the rubber diaphragms do tear quite commonly.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
I think $159 AUD.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
yeah will check all the piping before i go ahead and buy one.

Its the wifes car and a daily with no mods so i guess the stock one would be the better option, as there are no plans to mod it either.(not in the near future anyway)

Will any VW dealer know it, and do i need to ask for rev D or will vw have it anyway.

Is there anywhere else i should buy it from to save some cash.

SSS_Hoon

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Hard for me to suggest an aftermarket source for you, as I'm from the states. Also, I know our dealers typically stock different parts and quantities than over in OZ but I would imagine they could get a Rev D pretty quickly if they don't already have one stocked.

As for ordering the valve at the dealership? They should know what it is, as it is labeled it the ETKA. I would ask for it by it's name though.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
cheers Derek.

are they in stock, and what would the postage be to NSW 2750

if ours is in need of replacing will be getting in touch.

also do they come with instructions on how to remove and replace, and is there anything else needed ie gaskets sealant etc?

SSS_Hoon

Lams

Ready to race!
I have seen plenty of DVs go since these things came out but in my family we have 3 BWA cars, oldest one at 77000km, still haven't popped any!

Maybe you guys are driving too hard! :)

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
ours is the first time to go, and its got almost 125000k on it.

SSS_Hoon

Booba

Ready to race!
Maybe we just know how to show our cars some love and pop that sweet little red dv hymen.