GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is vag com(whatever its called) needed?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
Just wondering if i would need to clear any codes or anything.

Just replaced the DV in the GTI, now the DV has been gone for about 2 months.

Would there be any errors or anything like that that i would need to clear?

SSS_Hoon

Booba

Ready to race!
I believe that you might have an error to clear so best to do it. Otherwise your dealer might do it next time you get a service.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
I think it's an invaluable tool to have and well worth the cost.

You're a local to me (I think) so I'm sure we could meet up and I could check the errors, give you your logs and clear it for you. If it keeps coming back, and you notice a power loss/boost leak, then I'd replace the DV again.

PM me if you want. Don't have much spare time, but it's a straight forward process.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
+1 on the clearing of any codes.

i too offer my services with my Micro CAN cable.

im in merrylands west.

as GTI_SS says, it's a dead simple process to scan for and clear any error codes.

whichever of us is closer or more convenient to use.

if you intend to keep the car long term, i highly recommend that you get a cable for your own use, but i don't mind helping out either.

Jason.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
im out penrith way.

The DV is a new one so if its faulty or keeps throwing codes it should be still under some sort of warranty was bought from Derek at EA.

The car does drive much better now with the new rev D DV in, the car was driven daily for about 2 months maybe more with a stuffed rev B DV in there its the wife's car and mainly in traffic so could of been longer before she actually noticed it.

I thought that there might be some codes in there seeing as it was driven for so long without fixing it.

After replacing the DV the whistle boost leak noise did stop although it didn't seem to have the same pull as it used to. But that could just be that im used to driving the SSS.

SSS_Hoon

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
im sure Derek would have scanned the car for any fault codes at the time.

im still willing to have a look for you sometime though.
(and maybe change a few things while were there too ?)

Jason.