GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

60K service Answers...

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
We got our 60k service done on tuesday, cost us $820

They asked if it were fleet car hehehe must be something to do with either the price being cheap or how many k's are on the car, it is a 05 model DSG 5 door CW GTI though.

Now they did not replace the spark plugs even though on the pritout of what they had actually done to the car said it did, they had crossed it off and said that it will be done at the next service as they are $200 odd dollars(can anyone confirm this for me).

Were they meant to be changed at the 60k service? and they didnt do it as we got it cheap?

thanx

SSS_Hoon

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
SSS,

Did they replace the oil in the DSG. 60k service should include that and also spark plug change should be done.

Sounds like they didn't follow the service booklet recommended by VW. Wonder what else they did for you car cause it sounds like they didn't take they time to service your vehicle properly.

Maybe you could have saved the money, as these stealer over-charge for servicing and gone to a mechanic like Seb or Derek and get it done cheaper and by the book.

Probably could have saved enough money for some upgrades to your car as well.

mister_duck

In search of Sunrise
Car(s)
07 VW Golf TDi
I just had my first service on my Tdi today by Derek was $225, which was cheaper then vw, the most expensive part was the oil at $75

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
here is a list of what they did to the car according to the printout they gave me.

Page 1

Carry out 60 000 km as per schedule.
Changed engine oil and filter.
Ins tension of Aux drive belts and adjusted as Req.
Ins condition and security of fuel lines.
Ins condition of both cooling and heater hoses.
Ins clutch hydrolic system and adjusted level as Req(this is strange as its DSG not man).
Ins drive shafts, for leaks, security and operation.
Ins and greased propeller shafts and associated compnents where Req(its not a boat WTF?)
Ins condition of all steering components and mounting points.
Ins condition of tyres, reset pressures.
Ins condition of rear/front brake linings and associated components.
Ins exhaust system for condition and security.
Ins operation of Air Con system.
Ins operation of all lights and electrical accessories.
Ins batt fluid level and condition/security of clamps.
Lubricated locks, hinges & bonnet latch.
Replaced brake fluid and bled hydrolic system.
Check & or replace Air Con pollen filter.
Replaced air filter.
Replaced spark plugs(was crossed of by worker and we were told not needed till next service as they are Around the $200 mark)
Replaced fuel filter(this and the above were in way smaller text on the paperwork).
Road tested vehicle.

End of page 1

Page 2

Completed service as per manual(again).
Front pads 60mm(cannot be right)
Rear brakes 70mm(also cannot be right)
Replaced the air filter(again)
Changed oil and filter(again)
Flushed the breke fluid(again, or is this different to changing the fluid and bleeding the system lol).
Replaced pollen filter.
Checked car with no codes.
Checked over car and tested ok.

price brake down now,

Part ...........................................Units ................Price

Brake fluid1lt .....................................1............. $ 16.02
Filter Element, heater .........................1 ..............$ 27.63
Element, air cleaner ...........................1 ..............$ 38.88
Fuel filter assy ..................................1 ..............$ 39.69
Sump plug ........................................1.............. $ 2.79
Oil filter element, BLX .........................1.............. $ 21.20
Oil, ATF DSG 1.0LTR........................... 7.............. $ 244.44
Filter auto trans................................ 1 ..............$ 43.29

Total ...............................................................$ 433.94

Emissions services..............................................$ 27.45
Enviro levy .......................................................$ 5.00
5w/40 Oil .........................................................$ 36.05
workshop supplies ..............................................$ 5.00

Grand total .......................................................$ 745.44
GST ................................................................$ 74.54
Round off .........................................................$ 0.02

Total .............................................................. $ 820

I'm not sure if the plugs are meant to be changed at 60k or not will have to look in the book when i get a chance.

I think its meant to be done, but as we were quoted a cheap price i don't think would of done it. If i find out its meant to be done i will be taking it back for sure.

I would of taken it too Seb(where we will be taking it from now on), but its the missus car and she is fussy with that kinda stuff and it being a major DSG service she wanted to take it to VW themselves.

At our last service the 45k service the paperwork sid it had to have a inj clean and service but they did not do this as they did the ecu update and fixed the air bag sensor under the passenger seat, and it looks like they did not do it again this time.

Was it meant to be done anyone know.

sorry this is such a long damm post guys.

SSS_Hoon

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Looks like they didn't service it as per log book.

Spark plugs definitely need to be changed at 60k service.

A DSG service takes a long time and a lot more expensive. To service the DSG properly it needs to be taken out of the car and dismantled. The oil needs to be drained, the DSG internals checked for any potential faults etc and cleaned and than DSG gearbox refilled. Looks like they just drained it and filled it up again.

Looks like they serviced your car as if it was a manual one.

I'll call up another stealer and ask them for a quote on a 60k service.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
Yeah they had it all day we dropped it off at 830am and picked it up just after 430pm.

You mean you will ring up some ro i should ring up some?

SSS_Hoon

Shelby32

Looks like they didn't service it as per log book.

Spark plugs definitely need to be changed at 60k service.

A DSG service takes a long time and a lot more expensive. To service the DSG properly it needs to be taken out of the car and dismantled. The oil needs to be drained, the DSG internals checked for any potential faults etc and cleaned and than DSG gearbox refilled. Looks like they just drained it and filled it up again.

Looks like they serviced your car as if it was a manual one.

I'll call up another stealer and ask them for a quote on a 60k service.

Sorry man but draining the DSG oil, changing the filter and filling it is the usual DSG service. If the trans were to be removed and dis-assembled as you say, it would be an easy 2k just for the DSG service.

Yes, the plugs should have been changed as part of the 60k service.

moguzhan

Drag Racer
Car(s)
Jetta 07
Does Seb install forge diverters? I got some parts wouldnt mind installing once the new credit card comes through.

hourly rate anyone?

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
From my knowledge at the 60k service the DSG should be disembled for examination.

Shelby32

Not at all man.

Volkswagen have strict service schedules and pricing that we must stick to and dismantling the DSG is most definately not one of them. To r+r the DSG is about 4 hrs all up, to dismantle, measure and inspect everything, you are looking at a good 3 to 4 hrs and re-assembly and the oil and filter....it would be 2k and who would pay that as part of the 60k service? I know I would not! Thats for sure!

Hong Chau

Banned
Does Seb install forge diverters? I got some parts wouldnt mind installing once the new credit card comes through.

hourly rate anyone?

isn't Seb in Sydney? aren't you in Melbourne?
unless you intend to drive up there just to get it installed.:wink:

i installed mine myself, with a little help from a few guys on this forum.
not hard, just fiddly.:mad:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Is it just me or is there no mention of the DSG anywhere there anyway?
Don't know about disassembling the DSG, i can't imagine why they would, but i was told by the dealer the 60k service is usually up around/ over $1200 due the extra work/time/ materials required.

moguzhan

Drag Racer
Car(s)
Jetta 07
isn't Seb in Sydney? aren't you in Melbourne?
unless you intend to drive up there just to get it installed.:wink:

i installed mine myself, with a little help from a few guys on this forum.
not hard, just fiddly.:mad:

ill probably disconnect something and forget to put it back on.

i might go down to volkspower or audvolks and see who has put one on before and what theyre charging.

ill get them to put on the air intake while theyre at it.

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
I had my 60k service a couple of months ago and they did not change the DSG oil. I will be pursuing it on the 75k service which is coming up fast.

I think it's because they get pressure by the leasing companies to keep the cost down.

moguzhan

Drag Racer
Car(s)
Jetta 07
Is it just me or is there no mention of the DSG anywhere there anyway?
Don't know about disassembling the DSG, i can't imagine why they would, but i was told by the dealer the 60k service is usually up around/ over $1200 due the extra work/time/ materials required.

DSG SERVICE

Oh yes, it is more complicated and expensive. DSG fluid is about $20 per quart and you need 5.5 liters of the stuff. Here is the procedure:

Special tools, testers and items required:
-Vag-Com,VAS 5051
-Adapter for oil filling VAS 6262
-Oil collecting tray
-Torque wrench V.A.G 1331
-5.5 liter DSG oil & Oil filter.

Procedure:
-Engine off - do not start!-Place oil collecting tray underneath transmission-Slowly remove filter housing; before removing filter housing from transmission, tip it slightly in its seating. This allows oil to flow back into transmission from filter housing-After you have inserted filter with - shoulder - downward, tighten housing to 20 Nm-Raise vehicle-Remove noise insulation tray-Remove inspection plug A near pendulum support.

-A black plastic overflow tube is located in this hole (with 8 mm hex socket head, torque specification: 3 Nm). Its length determines oil level in transmission-Remove this oil tube (about 5 liters of oil will drain)-Reinstall overflow tube, 3 Nm
-Install adapter - A - from VAS 6262 hand-tight in inspection hole.

-Shake oil containers before opening fill 5.5 liter DSG oil To change bottles, shut-off valve can be closed or oil filler adapter VAS 6262 can be held higher than transmission-Move through VAS 5051 until DSG oil temperature is displayed or Vag-Com Select 02 Auto Trans go to Meas.Blocks-08 grup 019 and then GO.

-Now start engine-Press brake and shift into each selector lever position for approx. 3 seconds. Place lever in position P again.
Do not switch off engine!
-Wait till DSG oil temperature riches between 35 ° to 45 ° Celsius-Disconnect quick-release coupling of adapter for oil filling VAS 6262 with engine running.

-Let excess oil drain-As soon as the oil has run out (it begins to drip), remove adapter for oil filling VAS 6262 and install bolt with new seal.
Tightening torque: 45 Nm-Turn off engine
-Dispose of oil in an appropriate manner.
-This completes changing oil and filter.

OR

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/517/DSG_40K_Service.pdf