GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
Ok i've been considering getting these when I get the $, and I read what you said on normal street driving. But seeing as I haven't been on stock yet. I was wondering what the quality is like as opposed to driving on K-sports.

I think I'd want to go with 8 or 9 up front and 7 or 8 in the rear (once BSH gets their 27mm rsb up and going I'll be getting that). K-sports are somewhat tolerable, too soft in the rear though for autox...its a little bumpy, I think height is to blame there.

Also, you said you didn't like the weight. How much does the set weigh?

There anything else that might be a better option for me that has the camber adjustment for less $?

Unfortunately the wheels I want will cost more than these, I wish more stuff came in bronze and are lightweight in 17x8.5 (255's would be sick if they can fit :eyebulge:)

Last edited:

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Any one interested in a set of those coilovers?

I am but i blew my last big check on new camera gear and a flat screen for my bedroom :(

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
ok I did a little bit of reading on offset and stuff... the wheels i was looking at are the Volk re30's 17x8.5 but it looks like they only come in 35mm offset, how bad is that going to stick out? should I just go with the 17x8's with a 40mm offset? I want to at least put 245's on them, 255's definitely with the 8.5. never really thought about 265's though

They're gonna cost $$$$ but i haven't been able to find a better alternative in that size(8.5), lightweight and Bronze. Sorry bout going off topic

fisher22

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 GTI
i just put in an order for 18x8 with 45mm offset and 265/35-18... i'm not really sure what to expect so before I put down 2500+ on wheels and tires I just got one wheel/tire combo in that size of the cheapest I could find to test fit them

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I hope I'm wrong, but 8" is going to be too narrow for 265 tires. Hell, I think 8.5" is pushing the limits.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
So what happens when you use it on a 8.5" wheel? Just more flex than there would be with a 9+" wheel, or the threat of popping the bead?