GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded T25 exhaust manifold for GTX2867R

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
we need more BT build threads and less stance build threads.
Plz keep updating :thumbsup:

What size nozzles did you go with on the manifold? DO2 DO3?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
we need more BT build threads and less stance build threads.
Plz keep updating :thumbsup:

What size nozzles did you go with on the manifold? DO2 DO3?

Thanks man :smile:

I did some calculation and check the DevilsOwn Nozzle Chooser and here are the results...

If I go for 28 PSi

01.jpg

Here if I go for 30 PSI (which a dream) :rolleyes:

02.jpg

Based on the above results and calculation, I used DO1 in each bung so the total is equal to DO4 (252ml/min) in the manifold and I will use DO2 (126ml/min) or DO3 (189ml/min) in throttle pipe bung, so the total will be (378ml/min) or (441ml/min) depends on the data-logging results. I have also DO4 & DO5 just in case :)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I have a copy of Devil's Own old w/m calculation PC application (if you want the app PM me your e-mail address and I will email it to you in a zip file) and that is telling me that @ 7100RPM, 28psi, and 2L you should us a nozzle that flows 6.35Gph or 619CFM.

I have a k03 and use a DO1 in the runners and a DO1 in the TB spacer (5 total, so 5x63cc= 315cc), and it runs great.

If I were you I would go with DO2s all the way around (5x126xx= 630cc).
Maybe even step up the TB spacer nozzle to a DO3 to deal with your extreme temps.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Thanks man, I have the nozzle calculator application too :)

I have contacted Devils Own few months ago and here is their reply..

I followed what they said in the manifold nozzle size and started by the DO2 in the Throttle Pipe and maybe I will go for the DO3 based on the data-logging.

I am thinking of adding nozzle to the TB spacer and keeping the Throttle Pipe one too, but I am not sure which nozzles I will use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jburkel9

Passed Driver's Ed
Sub'd. Love the big turbo build threads, I also had a VF manifold that cracked in the same spot. I should have contacted them about that as well.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Just installed few minutes ago the DO2 in TB spacer and DO1 in the throttle pipe adding to the 4*DO1 in the manifold.
I saw a little Timing -0.7 and -1.0 in some cylinders and it wasn't appears with DO5 in the throttle pipe few days ago.

The IAT is amazing now after installing the DO2 in the spacer, it's more than 60% down after the w/m spray!
It is 42C here now with real humidity and the IAT was ~60 and it reduced to ~22 after w/m spray.

I also get much much misfires in the auto-polar screen but no faults in the VCDS, I guess it's matter of tuning after the manifold installed, what do you think?

I will do the data logging soon and send to DM to get the new file for the IE manifold and WMI.
I will ask for 100 octane file and I will keep trying nozzle size in the spacer and TB until I reach 0 timing (hopefully!).

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
This is an updated photo after installing the Spacer nozzle.

The solenoid is running before the 6 port manifold, do you think it's better to run check valve before each nozzle in the direct port and spacer? Or not necessary?!

What's your recommendation if yes?
I found this snow performance Nozzle Holder/Check Valve Combo, it could be best option if the check valve is necessary. But do you think it will fit perfectly with the Devils Own nozzles?
http://www.snowperformance.net/Water-Methanol-Injection-Nozzle-Holder-Check-Valve-p/82204.htm

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Ideally you should run a check valve right before each nozzle.
I dont as I run all braided stainless lines and AN fittings and Devils Own charges $30 for their AN check valve. Not to mention the rubber diaphram inside the check valve fails after ~2years and the warranty is only 1 year.

I don't believe the snow nozzle holders are compatible with DO nozzles.
I think DO nozzles are compatible with one of the other vendor nozzle holder though (think its Aquamist).

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I don't believe the snow nozzle holders are compatible with DO nozzles.
I think DO nozzles are compatible with one of the other vendor nozzle holder though (think its Aquamist).

Seriously!
I thought that Devils Own nozzles are compatible with snow performance holders!! I read it some where or I was wrong :(
I already ordered 5 snow performance Nozzle Holder/Check Valve :mad0259:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Today I checked if the devils own Nozzle can be tapped to snow performance nozzle holder/check valve or not. So, I went to my mechanic shop because a friend of mine is installing an IE intake manifold with snow performance DPI.

Here are pictures of the devils own nozzle tapped in snow performance holder:

And here are pictures of the check valve inside the snow performance nozzle holder:

Now, it's confirmed that the devils own nozzle fit in snow performance holder, next step is to see if it's work and spray correctly or not!
That's will be tried after few days as me and my mechanic are a bit busy and I will visit him next week.

Btw, it seems that I will replace my Devils Own solution by the Aquamist HFS solution!
What do you think?

Last edited: