GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to see this thing in the track next year though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me either!! Just going to find a good used K03 for now and get the aero done maybe the brakes but aside from that gunna run it as it is. I'll get to the motor and turbo when time and money allows. Oh and new tires since mine are going to be shot after sitting on the car in my cold ass garage all winter.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I've got a K03 you can have for $50 plus shipping. It's got around 100k on it when it took it off but never had any issues. I'd like it out of my garage :lol:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've got a K03 you can have for $50 plus shipping. It's got around 100k on it when it took it off but never had any issues. I'd like it out of my garage :lol:

$50? You should just donate it, its for a good cause.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion

Little higher mileage than I'd like, but I guess if the seals are good and there's no shaft play... did it still create full boost? The higher mileage K03s tend to have waste gate issues.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I already sold mine...it had 58k miles on it.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, never had any issues at all it was 100%. It'd still be on my car if I didn't decide to take it apart and not drive it for 4-5 years :lol:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Jesus these stoptechs brakes are expensive to maintain. Rebuilding the used set I just got, $210 for just the seals, dust boots for all 8 pistons and abutment plates. Ordered the boots, seals and plates, once they get here I'll pop these pistons out and hope to god they are ok. Another $200 for the pistons lol. New rings are $600, new top hats and rings are $1200 lol. At least the rings I got still have some life in them. Hoping to get at least 2 seasons out of the rotors at that price. Going to run these G-loK track pads I got with the kit, hopefully last me all of next season, but probably not. When they're done I'm switching back to HAWK DTC60 or 70 pads.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I'd stick with g-loc personally. We run them on our endurance cars and they're awesome. Lasts us most of a season, so they would last FOREVER on a car that doesn't see any actual racing, or even if it saw sprint racing.

Plus they're local to me and I like to support local business when possible. :biggrin:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'd stick with g-loc personally. We run them on our endurance cars and they're awesome. Lasts us most of a season, so they would last FOREVER on a car that doesn't see any actual racing, or even if it saw sprint racing.

Plus they're local to me and I like to support local business when possible. :biggrin:

With as many events as carson drives, a set of pads will last 5+ years

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
:scared0016:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Seriously though G-loc is good stuff. I'd stick with them.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
If I wasn't so much like Eric and could just leave it alone it'd see a lot more track time.

Hey, modding these things can be just as much fun as driving them for many. No shame here.