GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Finally got going on the side splitters, hoping they turn out how I have it imagined and drawn up.

Test fit the rear valance.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Gespenst side splitters version 1.0 officially test fit. Already have some design changes I want to make and actually getting them on has given me some great ideas for improving their efficiency and lowering the overall air drag coefficient. My mount points and my approach to reinforcing and securely mounting then is going to work out perfect! Now to drill some more holes in this car!!!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Almost done with the first prototype. Smoked the last of my drill bits drilling through the pinch weld on the frame lol, so only 3/4 of the brackets are actually installed. Might end up revising then down the road but for now I'm very happy with how they turned out.

I was inspired by another member (wink wink nudge nudge) on here with his club sticker in a very similar location, so I had my sticker Guy make me some 10" logos.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Lovin' it! It looks like to time for another tow sticker! How's the fitment on the carbon rear hatch? I noticed that you put a GTI sticker on it, but I really don't think you can call it one anymore, do you have any factory parts still on your car?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Back on topic. Wing finally came in after several issues on b9th ends. All said and done it has been an absolute pleasure dealing with BYC (Back Yard Civics) in getting this all figured out. Quality of product, customer service, tech support, etc has been top notch. Big shout out to the guys on the other side of the pond for running a business right!

Hopefully get this beast mounted in the next couple days. There's really not a whole lot involved, just lots of new holes lol.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Who did you order it from?

I ordered from Germany but unfortunately it’s out of stock. It’s for the Scirocco so it’s not available in USA, the only way to get is from Germany or UK. A friend of mine -who imports the VAG parts from Germany- placed the order for me but it’s out of stock! [emoji57]