GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
? How different? Meh id rather have a mk6 with an fsi... not being a golf r or awd tho. Dont want any of awd

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Installed coilovers on my buddies MK7 yesterday so didn't have as much time as I was hoping for. Dropped the subframe and got the new cradle in, also installed the lug stud conversion on both fronts now. Front end is officially done (aside from camber plates). Going to try and get rear spindles, camber arms and toe arms done after work throughout the week.

Oh wow that black rabbit :drool:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Got the truck and trailer ready to go. Loading up the racecar tonight and dropping off tomorrow. They said they might have it done Sunday but for sure I can come pick it up Monday, freaking jacked!! Haven't been this excited about the car in a long time. This will be the first time in almost 4 years the car is ready at the beginning of the season, on track for a full season between the wife and I!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't wreck it!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Don't wreck it!

Don't even put that out there!

All ready to go! I have to say, getting it on and off the trailer involves a lot of wood planks lol, super sketchy. The front splitter makes it really hard since it sticks out so far. I'll have to get some good 8ft ramps.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Race Ramps makes some trailer ramps that may help you. You'd have to see if these would work with the trailer you are using. Kinda spendy, but I have their 2-piece ramps for use in the garage and they are excellent! SUPER light, very grippy both on the tires and the garage floor; best money I've spent on garage tools. Even lowered, I can drive right up on them and really saves me time vs driving up on wood so that I can use my regular jack. Summit carries their whole line, so check it out and see if you can find something that works for you.
https://www.summitracing.com/search...er=Ascending&keyword=race ramps&kr=race ramps

larcic

Ready to race!
I'd rather use wood planks and take my time than either of those

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Depends on the clutch too. The extra grip is necessary on a super grabby clutch. I should know. The last time I tried using ramps for an oil change, the ramps ended up behind my wheels on the pinch lip. And that's just a Southbend Stg 2 Endurance.

Obviously Carson still has DSG, but that is a factor lol

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Wow... those Race Ramps are a fortune..
I can get look-a-likes over here for $100: https://www.all4honda.com/webshop/1...d=47&lang=nl&gclid=CKf2mLKogdMCFdTnGwodNoECZw
Well, that's apples to oranges as those are not nearly as low-profile as the race ramps. Race ramps are designed for low ground-clearance cars that cannot use normal ramps. Yes, they are very spendy, but they are very well made and grip to the ground much better than normal ramps (so they don't slide around on you) and are SUPER light-weight, so they are pretty easy to move around with a couple fingers (not joking....they're mostly air, I swear to god, they weigh almost nothing). It's kind of a costly investment but as someone who had to deal with driving up on planks of wood to get one of my cars into/out of the garage for 3.5 years at my old house, race ramps are an easy/safe option that is worth that bit of initial cost, IMO. I've never looked back on my purchase and chances are, I'll have them for life, so money well spent.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
This will be the first time in almost 4 years the car is ready at the beginning of the season, on track for a full season between the wife and I!

Any planned dates for Road America or Blackhawk? I usually do about 8 track days per year and would really like to look at your car.

If you see a blue MK 2 Scirocco track car (that's really loud) - it's probably me.