GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Had two fire cars today. Normally only see one a month. Had two in one day. One was a galant and 100percent the owners fault. The other was a passat. Fire started in the trunk near pass 1/4 panel. Poss a short somewhere. Galant story is way better.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Scrape repair and repaint should be like 500. About 350-400 if you take the cover off and take it to the shop. I would say 4-5 hours to delete that box. About 200. Do it all at the same time. Likely da it off. Grid edges down. Put a plate in back and fill with 3m epoxy. Sand it smooth and do a final skim coat. Pretty sure you could do it but the supplies and tools cost soo much might as well pay shop.

Ah, I love you mr. Insurance quoter!

Helps me gauge how much I should expect!

And yea I plan to just drive around bumper less haha. Should be cool

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Trying to grow a sack and make an offer tomm on blue car. My wife told me to take a few shots. I just keep thinking this is more than a new gti. But need to remember in 5 years this will be worth the same or more. Lost 10k+ on gti in 6 yrs.

I think it'll be we'll worth it dude.

And it's a dream car, right? It sure as hell looks gorgeous and a total blast to drive.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
What's the galant story?

Guy said it just caught fire. I opened the hood and saw the airbox blown to peices. I explained mistakes (stupidity) is covered. His car wasnt starting so he sprayed a bottled of starter fluid in the filter box. Lol. Tried to start the car and the fumes lite. Booooom. And then the fire started.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Guy said it just caught fire. I opened the hood and saw the airbox blown to peices. I explained mistakes (stupidity) is covered. His car wasnt starting so he sprayed a bottled of starter fluid in the filter box. Lol. Tried to start the car and the fumes lite. Booooom. And then the fire started.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I saw a mk6 with teal wheels at our salvage yard today. It was nice. Destroyed in front. Didnt post pics bc afraid i could get in trouble for it.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
So I regret selling my car to this kid already. He is also my intern btw. He goes on to explain to me he is giving people rides. He then goes on with a story like this after picking up a kid he went to school with.(all of which is neighborhood area with small streets)

*leaves house
-kid- wow this has no balls
-intern- oh really

Floors it through 3rd gear, taps 80mph. ALL IN A FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD WITH KIDS!

Needless to say I ripped his ass a new one. I was like "dude wtf would you think if someone went hauling ass down your street at 80mph if you had kids." Intern says "wow that's a fast car." What a fuckin douche.

Fuck, I hope he doesn't kill someone. Just to know I thought he could handle it and be smart about what he does. I just gave him a 3100lb lethal weapon. :/

Rus.K

PCDT99
So I regret selling my car to this kid already. He is also my intern btw. He goes on to explain to me he is giving people rides. He then goes on with a story like this after picking up a kid he went to school with.(all of which is neighborhood area with small streets)

*leaves house
-kid- wow this has no balls
-intern- oh really

Floors it through 3rd gear, taps 80mph. ALL IN A FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD WITH KIDS!

Needless to say I ripped his ass a new one. I was like "dude wtf would you think if someone went hauling ass down your street at 80mph if you had kids." Intern says "wow that's a fast car." What a fuckin douche.

Fuck, I hope he doesn't kill someone. Just to know I thought he could handle it and be smart about what he does. I just gave him a 3100lb lethal weapon. :/

Honestly as bad as that is, it could be any car. Just be happy you sold it and its not a financial burden on you any more. He's a dumbass and will hopefully learn his lesson without hurting anyone else

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I think it'll be we'll worth it dude.

And it's a dream car, right? It sure as hell looks gorgeous and a total blast to drive.

I hope so. I plan to stop tomm. I wanted to have my friend at an indy shop pull the cover and check the head studs. But he even said he didnt want to mess with the car if i didnt own it yet. Shop has a lift. If i make an offer will ask to borrow lift for an hour to check as much as possible. Im no mechanic, but can look for leaking and worn out stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.