GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf-V Aftermarket Suspension Guide

Vash-IT

Hello everyone
I bought recently, the KW kit
and wanted to see how it was before mounting:rolleyes:

you have pictures of golf with this kit?
or at least have pictures of golf with lowering of 30mm?:bow:

Heco94

Ready to race!
How are the eibach pro-kit springs (1.3'' drop and apparently a little harder ride which is what I want =] ,but don't want it to be to low) are they good for a daily driver?

Shmelov

I have sportlines on my 2007 GTI + stock shocks.
I hear klicks from the Springs at low speeds (0-30 KPH), when I turn the wheel.
Maybe I need to replace my Stopper Cushions?!
What the hell I need to do?
thanx for your help...:mad0259:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

How much have you driven on them? That could just be the springs settling. Try going in a parking lot and turning lock to lock a bunch of times at slow speeds. Last time I had my suspension installed, it did that for like 10 miles but when I did the parking lot thing, it went away. If not that, check to make sure all of the bolts are tight. One time my front endlink bolt was only slightly loose and everytime I hit a bump, the front end sounded like it was going to fall out.

But you said it's the springs, so try the first method first.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I tried exactly what you told me, but it doesn't work...
90% of the Noticeable klicks is when I turn left. 10% of the klicks when I turn right.
What should I do!?

Nothing...it's normal

They're progressive springs with dead coils and they bind up a little when turning....nature of the beast

IRISHLUCK

Passed Driver's Ed

IRISHLUCK

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at getting the KW V2 for my JSW and noticed that the P/N listed on the 1st page of this thread differs from the press release put out by KW for the MK V. What's the reason for this and which one is correct? I'm assuming the press release has the right P/N but does anyone know for sure or are the numbers on pg. 1 revised numbers?

http://wp-content.rpmware.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kw-pr-vw-jetta-variant-1-2-3.pdf

Tirerack offers a different P/N as well... WTF?!?!

EDIT: I just spoke to KW and the Variant 2 for the JSW is 15210040

Last edited:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Tirerack offers a different P/N as wel... WTF?!?!

EDIT: I just spoke to KW and the Variant 2 for the JSW is 15210040

Theoretically it'll work, just probably different spring rates. My original H&R sport cupkit was made for an Audi A3 before H&R designed the sport cupkit for the MkV GTI's. I have super sport springs paired with the H&R dampers.

Some people with 2.0T CC's use MkV coilovers.

OldGuyGTI

Car(s)
2009 GTI
anyone ever use the springs from VW to lower their GTI?
since they come from VW I assume you still get warranty coverage.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Eibach pics (i think its sportline, not sure)
I think Eibach pics are on coil's. Every mkv I've seen on Eib. sportline springs sits a little high in the front. The pic is when I was on them, that's why I switched to H&R s/s springs. Eibach ad's the S/L springs to drop .2" (almost 1/4") more in the front, but the drop is even.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
When I was on eib. s/l's I could hear it too. After replacing the upper bearing the noise was still there. Just figured where the springs coils sit on each other the noise was coming from movement and the coils shifting on each other. Anyway, swapped them for H&R S/S springs. H&R puts a teflon coating where the coils sit together, and that's when I thought it was the problem with the S/L's.

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
I think Eibach pics are on coil's. Every mkv I've seen on Eib. sportline springs sits a little high in the front. The pic is when I was on them, that's why I switched to H&R s/s springs. Eibach ad's the S/L springs to drop .2" (almost 1/4") more in the front, but the drop is even.

What year is your ride? Have recent pix with the H&R SS's?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
What year is your ride? Have recent pix with the H&R SS's?

Year won't matter. The super sport springs advertise a 1.9" drop all the way around on 06/07 GTI's and only 1.3" on 08+'s, but that's because 08+'s are already .6" lower from the factory with Euro springs. The overall ride height is still the same with super sports regardless of year.

Here's a few of my GTI with super sports. On Classix and MSW's.