GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
About to pull the trigger on this.

I doing the same thing, except the performance series. I can't decide if I want dual compressor or get the free one as back up

Honestly, I have a 5gal tank with a single 444 compressor and I'm pretty content but I can't see myself dealing with a single 380.

-I would rather have the second one because it cuts down the run time of the compressor or at least a stronger compressor like a 444 or even a 480
-I'd switch the airline size to a 1/4inch and also get an smc check valve
-don't forget to order yourself a drain kit
-just to be safe get yourselves a roadside repair kit. (As long as everything is installed properly then nothing should go wrong but in the event of a freak accident you want to be able to repair it on the run if needed)

Lastly, I don't know if you know anything about teflon tape but make sure you're applying it the correctly (don't make it lumpy etc.)

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, I have a 5gal tank with a single 444 compressor and I'm pretty content but I can't see myself dealing with a single 380.

-I would rather have the second one because it cuts down the run time of the compressor or at least a stronger compressor like a 444 or even a 480
-just to be safe get yourselves a roadside repair kit. (As long as everything is installed properly then nothing should go wrong but in the event of a freak accident you want to be able to repair it on the run if needed)

Lastly, I don't know if you know anything about teflon tape but make sure you're applying it the correctly (don't make it lumpy etc.)

+1 on the repair kit. One of my buddies had an airline rub through and it slammed itself at 80 mph on the highway coming back from Treffen. Front lip, fenders, front axles, etc all took some serious damage. Thank god someone had a couple unions, repaired the line to limp it home. Meanwhile, in the not so silly world of coilovers, the rest of us drove home in our undamaged cars :)

Moondoggy-47

Ready to race!

I was planning on running dual 380s if I got it. May just do a 444, with a backup. Yeah, my job pretty much consists of applying Teflon haha. I'll switch line size and make sure and get a drain kit. Thanks for the input. Any more advice?

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Bought a set of wheels from a forum member back in November. Finally nice enough outside to take some time and give them a through cleaning!

I picked them up and I knew they had been previously plasti-dipped. But I had no idea they were this dirty!

Face of the wheel. This one isn't too bad. Some leftover plastidip under the center cap.

WOAH DAMN. That's pretty grody.

This is after some scrubbing. Damn you plasti-dip!

After A LOT of scrubbing & creative cleaner concoctions.

These little black spots are on the face of the wheel between the spokes. I have no idea how to get them off. I tried Iron X, bug & tar remover, brake cleaner. I can scrape them off with my fingernail and it rubs off brown when wet. I have no idea what it is.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
BBS LM 1 edit by heco94, on Flickr

Excuse my photography skills, or lack there of, but I bought these for a steal. Only 17's but I'm pretty excited about them!

Last edited:

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Drove it. Car feels amazing with the H&R rear sway bar and summer tires on. The sway bar is by far my favorite mod yet! I wish I did it sooner, makes me want to do the front now :biggrin:

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Sunday..For the GTI not really to it.
Cleaned out the garage and took stock of my detailing products. Also discovered a whole front suspension refresh kit that I forgot I had. It was a good day.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Boondock;3771263 These little black spots are on the face of the wheel between the spokes. I have no idea how to get them off. I tried Iron X said:
http://i.imgur.com/L0fjNoRl.jpg[/img]

I've used a multitude of things to get caked on brake dust off. Compound, the stuff used for paint correction, on a microfiber/DA polisher has worked best for me. I also tried this stuff called 'liquid comet' from Walmart. Its a bathroom cleaner meant for tiles and stainless, man that stuff serious. It wont mess up your paint but I recommend wearing gloves because its pretty strong, use it with a normal kitchen scotch brite pad and that should take care of the staining.

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Switched my tune to 91 octane in preparation for my 1400 mile drive to Dallas and back next week. Didn't brick my ECU so that's a plus.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
^^Give your car some time to adapt.

I purchased 4 brand new Nitto Neogen 215/35/R19 tires, and a Cam follower.

Dropping off my wheels off to get powder coated next week. Then car is going to the body shop for some touch up stuff... then she goes to the vinyl wrapping store :D

#SowoPrep