GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

wuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Over the course of the month:

Dropped it with raceland ultimos... I went into detail in an earlier post, but I didn't leave it at that height though, i ended up raising the front 5/8th, and bit less in the rear to remove the slight forward rake, it rubbed way too much... the 19x8.5 ET35 its just too aggressive, even with 215/35 tires. That rise effectively doubled the travel.. now it only rubs in BIG bumps and extremely fast corners... almost never, very pleased, the look wasn't killed too much either :) But i will just put the original drop pics in this before and after... it just looked so nice. (and i don't have any raised pics either)

and installed all this:

The previous owners had lost things... got everything back:

Also got a forge short throw (Forward/back) shifter kit with the huge knob

And once the APR HPFP was installed, with its eurocars stud kit, i was ready for the tune...

I already had the 3 inch catless dp and intake for a while... Ended up buying unitronic's stg2 hpfp tune.. peak boost is at 20-22 and it settles at 17-19.. how do those numbers sound?

Its extremely fast, considering i went from stock tune, night and day, even though the car got a considerable bump in power with just the bolt ons...
Now im just having some traction problems with these 215 tires lol.

edit: oh also got an ECS dogbone mount insert, shifting feels great! I am about to reach 3 years of ownership and I feel like i have a new car!
really nice!
do you the tutorial for changing the mirror bulb?
and whats the code of the bulb for reverse bulb?
thanks

iSaaaack

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, I have a 5gal tank with a single 444 compressor and I'm pretty content but I can't see myself dealing with a single 380.

-I would rather have the second one because it cuts down the run time of the compressor or at least a stronger compressor like a 444 or even a 480
-I'd switch the airline size to a 1/4inch and also get an smc check valve
-don't forget to order yourself a drain kit
-just to be safe get yourselves a roadside repair kit. (As long as everything is installed properly then nothing should go wrong but in the event of a freak accident you want to be able to repair it on the run if needed)

Lastly, I don't know if you know anything about teflon tape but make sure you're applying it the correctly (don't make it lumpy etc.)

Why do you suggest the 1/4 inch lines over the 3/8s?

DerSock

Ready to race!
How the hell do you keep your engine so clean?

Sent from my iPhone

My gti only has 30k miles so that helps, but I did clean it a bit before changing the plugs/coils to make sure nothing fell into the gaps.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Got 4 brand new Neogen's delivered today. Got a Replacement headlight delivered today. Got LED parking lots delivered today. Dropped my wheels off to get powdercoated. Dropped my car off to get the body touched up in prep for vinyl wrapping...

The last picture of my car before I unveil her for the show:

#SowoPrep

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Checked the cam follower. It's been maybe 6000 miles or so. It was in good shape so I didn't replace it.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Got 4 brand new Neogen's delivered today. Got a Replacement headlight delivered today. Got LED parking lots delivered today. Dropped my wheels off to get powdercoated. Dropped my car off to get the body touched up in prep for vinyl wrapping...

The last picture of my car before I unveil her for the show:

#SowoPrep

Where did you get the tires from?