GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****Polarg Bright White Bulb Replacement Guide******

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
Mine burnt my housing after like 6 months. I was expecting it but after that length of time I thought I was golden. Oh well, leson learned. LED's here I come...

kioko12

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed high-intensity LED's from superbrightleds.com in my MKV R32 interior and city lights. No problems with flickering or bulb-out warnings so far. They are very bright and a pure white color with no blue tint. Took about 25 minutes to do all 7 of them. The only caveat is that if you keep your interior lights on auto, meaning they turn on when you open the door, they will always be lit very, very dim. I just keep the switch off, and turn it on when needed.

I decided against the footwell lights because they apparently sit on the bulb-out circuit. Also didn't bother with license plate LEDs. No sense making it easier for cops to see your plate at night...

Maximum6

FASTER
I'm going to buy some HOEN fog lights...

but I was wondering if I should also get HOEN license plate lights. They are pretty expensive at $55 for license plate

abramous

335 Trojan,

Could you explain to me how you went about installing the interior lights (i.e. the dome lights and peanut bulbs by your feet)? I've been wanting to switch all of these bulbs out, but just by visual inspection I couldn't figure out how to get them out. Please let me know when you get a change and thanks!!

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
.... The only caveat is that if you keep your interior lights on auto, meaning they turn on when you open the door, they will always be lit very, very dim. I just keep the switch off, and turn it on when needed. ...

I see that comment a lot.

It may not be the cleanest solution to the LED 'glow while off' dilemna, but
keeping any one of the ceiling located wedge bulbs incandescent
usually eliminates the glow.
If you have a center dome in the back, it is a good choice for the incandescent.
There are 8,000°K halogen incandescent bulbs available
that will be a closer match to your LEDs. (not perfect, but better)
Hey Guys,
For the Polarg bulbs:
192/168 are numbered "M4"
M4:

I have all bulbs in the interior converted to LED.
Höen festoon (1) and superbrightleds.com festoons (4)*,
42 draft design wedge (8) - external resistor on footwell circuit.

While I was prepared to use the single incandescent wedge solution on the ceiling,
turns out I did not need to.

I must be blessed, but fortunately
I do not experience the ceiling lights 'glow while off' syndrome
with key on or with key removed.

In between, I can observe the 'glow while off' phenomena.
i.e. key transition from on to off but key not yet removed - glow appears.
Once the key is pulled, glow does not re-occur until the next key on to key off transition.
Those few seconds are no big deal :happyanim:

* two oe trunk lamp festoon fixtures with LED

pavlo1994

Cruisin in my Emm-Kay-4
oh ok. cuz it says x2 on the first page.. Im thinking about doin clear side markers too on my dads rabbit. Will the same ones fit there?

I dont really want em yello

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
oh ok. cuz it says x2 on the first page.. Im thinking about doin clear side markers too on my dads rabbit. Will the same ones fit there?

I dont really want em yello

parking lights = 1 bulb for each headlight = 1 pack

sidemarkers = 1 bulb for each sidemarker = 1 pack

total for both of those are 2 packs.

honestly, they are not halogen yellow, but they are not as blue as seen in the first couple pictures. they are mostly white-ish with a tiny tiny hint of yellow.

marzlam791

Ready to race!
so i have the ziza lights for my city lights and one of the leds seems to be going bad where can i get a new led taht will fit the ziza housing?

ok i cant find anything at superbrightleds.com idk if thats just me most likely.. help pls

Last edited: