GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****Polarg Bright White Bulb Replacement Guide******

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Hey Guys,

So thanks to ketchupfreak's help, I ordered my Polarg bulbs today. For those wondering, this is what they look like (also included is the stock comparison photos):

The bulbs necessary to cover the whole car are as follows:

Dome Lights (front and back):
5x 192/168 = M4
1x 3175 39mm = M28

Glove box:
1x 192/168 = M4

Front Parking Lights (left and right):
2x 192/168 = M4

License Plate Light (2 of them):
2x 3175 39mm = M28

Foot Well Lights (left and right):
2x 192/168 = M4

Rear Hatch/Trunk Area Light:
1x 3175 39mm = M28(bulb housing requires adjustment)

Totals:
10x 192/168 = M4
4x 3175 39mm = M28

Those are the stock bulb part #s.

For the Polarg bulbs:
192/168 are numbered "M4"
3175 39mm are numbered "M28"

M4:

M28:

Here are the links to the place I got them. This is the cheapest I found. I got all 13 bulbs for about $80 shipped.

M4:
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-207.cfm

M28:
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-2067.cfm

So in summary, and since they come 2 to a pack, you need 5 sets of the M4s and 2 sets of the M28s to cover the 14 bulbs.

I will post pics when they come and I install them.

I am so happy--no more annoying and crappy halogen-looking bulbs! Now everything will match the headlights....Xexon style baby!

--GTI Trojan

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited:

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
How much brighter is the license plate light compared to stock? It looks ridiculously bright in the picture. Is that how it really looks?

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Looks good... Damn I need some Vagcom work so I can have the parking lights on.. Looks good man.. keep up the good work.. both of you guys..

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
my car isnt and hasn't been "Vag-com"ed. What would i be missing out from the pics here?

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
Install is pretty easy. For the licenes plate. There are 2 screws for each light housing. Pop that out and replace the bulbs. For the fronts, they are a little more hard because of the hand space you have. I found is easiest just to get a pair of needle nose pliers and twist and pull.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
look cool, but my gut says their not gonna last long. those ricer type aftermarket ones usually burn out quickly. let me know if they work well, i would do that for the license plate light. looks nice