GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*****Polarg Bright White Bulb Replacement Guide******

crabpot

Awesomesauce
so i have the ziza lights for my city lights and one of the leds seems to be going bad where can i get a new led taht will fit the ziza housing?

ok i cant find anything at superbrightleds.com idk if thats just me most likely.. help pls

The ZizA LEDs license plate lights are GARBAGE. I've gone through four sets of them (all warrantied).

iSpool

United_Euros
Car(s)
DSG 2dr MKV GTi
okay. so i bought the ones in the OP and they suck, they arent even xenon, wtf. sweet just wasted like $40. way to describe them as LED/xenon, and have pictures of LED/xenons, and have a link to a non LED/xenon bulb. wtf dude

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
are the bulbs for the license plate and for the trunk the same size?

Not really.
I use a 39mm bulb in the license lights and a 42mm bulb in the rear compartment.

License light - 42 draft designs 14.5v White 39mm Fuse Style LED . . . . . . . . .Pictures are not to scale

Rear compartment light - superbrightleds.com 4210-CWHP6 . . . . . . . . .Pictures are not to scale

But 3mm is not all that much difference. Note the fixture contacts have a little room for variations.
You can bend them a bit to change the accommodated bulb size if need be.

PASHN8

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volkwagen Golf
Any idea what gives matching super white light for our front fog/driving lights? I believe they are a HB4 globe?

*edit - bought a pair of the Hoen City Light and matching 9006 foglight xenonmatch globes. Will let you know how we go!

Last edited:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Any idea what gives matching super white light for our front fog/driving lights? I believe they are a HB4 globe?

*edit - bought a pair of the Hoen City Light and matching 9006 foglight xenonmatch globes. Will let you know how we go!

I was going to say, the Hoen Xenonmatch foglights come pretty close to matching the HID's. I had those until the one burned out after a year or so. I still have the H7 Xenonmatch bulbs in the flash to pass and since I run in UK mode, those come on with the highbeams. They're slightly bluer than the HID's, but it's a pretty close match. They don't have the crispness of the HID's as well, but that's expected since they are halogen with normal lens and not an HID in a projector.

Your GTI has the OEM HID's right? Otherwise if you've got the Eurospec non-HID headlights, those are just normal halogen bulbs just like the foglights. I know it was an option anywhere besides the USA and maybe Canada, that's why I asked.

Edit: Just saw your signature picture. If that's your car, then you do have the HID's. And seeing that you're in Australia, they're probably the better European spec beam pattern too i.e. a better cutoff than what the US allows.

faraz619

Badman
are the parking lights the ones in the 2nd and 3rd picture? seems easy to this. people are blowing fuses and stuff anything to be aware off to not mess it up? also how do you turn those lights on ive never noticed them, on a uk golf tdi btw :) do the standard mk5 golf rabbit have those lights on the botton of the headlight? or are they just on the gti?
p.s whats euroswitch? and disabling DRL? kinda lost reading the thread lolll

Last edited:

DuBB SWaGG

GTI 3yr Veteran
Car(s)
GTI MkV
Do you guys have any problems with the license plate bulbs? Cause a month after I put the them in they got brunt. The wires were also toasted.

I think this is a problem with me too. My bulbs were pretty much brown n rusty looking after a couple months of use. Now they only stay on for 5 seconds after i unlock my car.

But I installed new LED bulbs today and they still stay on for only 5 seconds :iono:

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
But I installed new LED bulbs today and they still stay on for only 5 seconds :iono:
The LEDs are too efficient.
they do not draw enough power, the CEC determines that is an error,
and kills power to the circuit.
You should get a bulb out and
a message on the MFD at startup identifying the failed circuit.

You must either increase the load by adding a resistor or
use bulbs that draw enough power, typcially called error canceling,
but the added heat of those bulbs will just kill them faster.
Been there, done that.
I finally went to dedicated LED fixtures.

And even the 18 SMD LEDs on just one of those is not enough draw,
it takes two of them working properly to satisfy the CEC.
I like that. with stock bulbs, both have to fail before you get the lamp out.
With the LED fixtures, any failure will be reported immediately.