GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY removing rear breather tube check valve for BSH PCV revamp

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
x3? been running BSH Stage II PCV for almost a year and have not modified my rear PCV check valve. what exactly does this do?

This mod is not mandatory. Installation of the BSH block off plate causes the rear pcv to make a tapping noise due to the check valve. Removing the check valve removes the noise.

**Note that some cars don't have this check valve on the rear pcv.

slanky

Ready to race!
I notice that if I use the block off plate, I get the noise, but if I run the can, I do not get the noise. this is all related to the "popcorn machine" phenomena, right?

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
back from the dead...anyone know which cars came with it and which ones did it? early models or late models...i have an 06

higher.one

Ready to race!
^x2...im looking to install and want to see if my 08 should have the check vave. does anyone know which do/dont. thanks.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Does your intake sound like its "putting" when at idle? If so you have a check valve. My early 07 had a valve.

greyo8gti

I'm a good driver
Car(s)
08 GTi
Does your intake sound like its "putting" when at idle? If so you have a check valve. My early 07 had a valve.
Mine sounds like its "putting". It drives me nuts! I just received my new breather tube and Im going to install it without the valve. This should take care of the "putting" sound, correct?

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
yes... but its a PITA have fun

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Mine sounds like its "putting". It drives me nuts! I just received my new breather tube and Im going to install it without the valve. This should take care of the "putting" sound, correct?

Yep, but as mentioned its a bitch. I had trouble with the bolts that attach the breather tube to the turbo, fucking sucks getting your hands all the way back there.

E_LO3

I just got in from doing this. I spent about 2 months putting up with the putting noise and finally had time. It was a PITA to get the bolts back in and I had also taken the rubber portion off as well so that was hard... My question though is how bad is it that the was a decent amount of oil in the rear tube? I had issues a while ago but ever since installing the catch can the problems along with my MIL went away. Would it be worth it to buy a new rear tube or is it ok?

danno

Ready to race!
i have a oil leak right around the rear breather tube, it's on the underside of my hood and valve cover. any ideas????

Car(s)
07 UG GTI
this is an old thread and the link in the beginning no longer works, does anyone have a pic of where this check valve is exactly located. just installed my pcv fix/ catch can and the popping noise isnt doing it for me i want to get rid of it.
either way it shouldnt be hard to find once i get in there but i like having a decent idea before i dive into anything
tia