GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY removing rear breather tube check valve for BSH PCV revamp

martin27

Ready to race!
this is an old thread and the link in the beginning no longer works, does anyone have a pic of where this check valve is exactly located. just installed my pcv fix/ catch can and the popping noise isnt doing it for me i want to get rid of it.
either way it shouldnt be hard to find once i get in there but i like having a decent idea before i dive into anything
tia

^^^ anyone?

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
The valve is in the pipe itself. You can see it in the first pic (the black piece in the center of the tube). The tube itself connects from the back on the valve cover to the compressor cover on the turbo. Just look back there and should be apparent what you need to do.

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
If I have a breather tube without a check valve should I put in one with a check valve?? I only ask because I have one sitting on my bench with a check valve and I heard that this will take care of the oil around the outside of the dv??

816GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I wanna bump this thread. My intake started popping and im thinking about doing the check valve removal. Is it bad at all for the valve to be removed and be just a straight tube? the popping is getting annoying.

jimmy-s3

will fitting a valve(mines a 2004 and doesnt have a valve i think) stop all the oil getting past the rear valve and dripping towards the turbo and dv?
The oil seems to drip down then get blown back up in small particals towards the MAF and air intake..

itskv

APR Stage II+
how do you remove the one-time use clamp? what size clamp should be used to replace it?

molo_Ono

Go Balls Deep
Car(s)
'07 GTI
This is what mine is doing right now! In low rpms in second gear. I'm glad I finally found what the hell this sound is.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

molo_Ono

Go Balls Deep
Car(s)
'07 GTI
...Is it bad at all for the valve to be removed and be just a straight tube? the popping is getting annoying.

Anyone have input on this?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

RAudi Driver

unpimp it!
If there supposed t be a gasket on that tube where it connects to the turbo? I too off the tube and removed the valve and when I went to reinstall the tube, I realized that maybe there should be some sort of gasket. I looked all over the place to see if it had fallen off without my knowledge but to no avail.

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
bump for good thread. I just installed my BSH PCV revamp and the noise will not fly. It sounds like an old taurus or some beater with an exhaust leak. I may burn it upon completion.

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
Just got finished with mine. PITA is no exaggeration. HOWEVER, I did find a tool combination that worked well for me. I took a 5mm bit that goes to a multi-bit screw driver set and stuck it into the bolt then turned it with the closed end of a 1/4" wrench. Its not the fastest, but it works and most people can get a hold of the tools pretty easily.

I used a multi-tool (aka pliers) to remove the hose clamp [Read: twist and bend until destroyed]. Over all, I would say its a doable project but requires a lot of determination.

Car(s)
2008 GTI
So what sound do you experience if your rear PCV has failed? I'm running a 42DD Stealth Can in the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
I dont think there are too many people with failing rear check valves. Its pretty simple after all. Either the rear pcv will be completely plugged or there will be no putting sound. I'm no expert, but I think a catch can eliminates the front and rear check valves completely.