GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

stefhauk

Ready to race!
I changed all the windows controller + the controller for the sunroof. after those changes i havent had any battery drain so i hope its fixed :bow:

Sosa

Vw Front end rabbit 08 2.5

Replacing front strut and upper mount bearing. Not sure of direction of arrows on rubber mount can anyone help

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Got back from my vacations to find I had a flat :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 513

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Installed my Fluidampr, dogbone mount, ECS insert and started pulling the rear seats (getting ready for the autopower 4 point bolt in cage) exciting times for the GTI :)

Do you have to pull the seats to fit the cage or are you just doing it for the weight savings?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Do you have to pull the seats to fit the cage or are you just doing it for the weight savings?

I have to pull the back seats, cage will not fit with them in, weight savings is just a bonus lol. I'm also pulling the fronts out to install it, I was told it takes a little while longer but makes getting the main hoop in much easier.

Edit: Now I need to find a rear seat delete on the cheap or a good DIY. If I do it myself I'm going to have a buddy make the frame out of 6060 aluminum tubes and then fiberglass wrap it to keep wood out of my racekar!

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
I was planning on doing some preventative maintenance this weekend but then this happened. I can't wait to move this spring, owning this car with no garage sucks. :mad:

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
This weather has been brutal the past couple days... car is filthy and covered in salt. It's also the first time I've driven it in the snow since being lowered. They're only sport springs but its low enough to where I can hear a ton of snow scraping the under body and I'm afraid the snow in the wheel wells is going to ice up and bend the fender when turning or something.... has that ever happened to anyone? I'm seriously considering buying a winter beater now. I love this car too much to see it get trashed in the winter.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Salt is the devil.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Salt is the devil.

Heard an interesting point the other day. If your car is covered in salt and you wash it, the water will grab the salt and seep into places it otherwise wouldn't. Obviously there's wet snow and sometimes rain that would do kind of the same thing, but hosing your car down when there's salt all over it is probably worse than just leaving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I'm afraid the snow in the wheel wells is going to ice up and bend the fender when turning or something.... has that ever happened to anyone? I'm seriously considering buying a winter beater now. I love this car too much to see it get trashed in the winter.
I've lived in the midwest my entire life and never have heard of this happening on any car. Maybe it has, but I've never seen or heard of it. So yeah...I wouldn't worry too much. Pretty sure ice will break off before intact metal will crumple.

Having a winter beater is always a good idea nonetheless....ya never know what life will throw at ya. Hell, I have a winter car and it's out of commission currently cause life threw a curb at me LOL. New control arm is here in my living room, so hopefully the Mk3 will be back in business soon and won't have to drive the Mk5 in the snow/ice anymore.

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
High temp of 2 degrees today.
Here's a picture I lost a finger to take and bring to you all.

I also tried to go over what I THOUGHT was a large grey ice chunk, like the kind that fall out of car wheel wells all the time in the winter...well as it turns out it was a chunk of asphalt from a street repair that the snowplows had pulled up while scraping the pavement. Thank god for my skid plate. That was LOUD.

I hate winter so much.