V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Oh no, it is quite official.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I am a beta tester for revo's k04 file. It is different that the european file because the north american file uses RS4 injectors while the european one uses S3 injectors.

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
i hope this wasn't covered already, but what do you think caused your original turbo to go in the first place? were you running it really hard, or stage 2+? it just seems that killing a turbo in ~36k miles seems a little out of the ordinary - even if you've beat on it for the full 36k.

nice build up though - good to see the silver lining K04 from the grey cloud of a broken K03.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
My k03 had always overboosted like a mofo. I think that had something to do with it, but there was damage to the compressor wheel and that was caused by some foreign objects getting in there and hitting the fins. It is also possible that the compressor wheel may have kissed the housing. I dont beat the car, but I sure do use the goodies that I have payed for.

Oh, and if you think killing a turbo in 36k miles is something, my friend's k03 died in 5k. In his case, his car couldnt make much boost, but no whine. The compressor wheel was completely trashed somehow.

GTIWV

WV VW
My k03 had always overboosted like a mofo. I think that had something to do with it, but there was damage to the compressor wheel and that was caused by some foreign objects getting in there and hitting the fins. It is also possible that the compressor wheel may have kissed the housing. I dont beat the car, but I sure do use the goodies that I have payed for.

Oh, and if you think killing a turbo in 36k miles is something, my friend's k03 died in 5k. In his case, his car couldnt make much boost, but no whine. The compressor wheel was completely trashed somehow.

what do you consider over boosting?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
what do you consider over boosting?

My turbo has ALWAYS over boosted. On my logs, boost spikes way over requested. I went from stock directly to stage 2 revo. I would always spike 22psi. At the end of november I got the hpfp file and would spike 24 sometimes 25 psi. My boost setting is only on 7!!! It is possible this lead to premature failure, but who knows.

Here is the overboost post.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yea, basically the car would only request 19 or 20 and actual would shoot waaay above requested and go up to 23-25.

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
My turbo has ALWAYS over boosted. On my logs, boost spikes way over requested. I went from stock directly to stage 2 revo. I would always spike 22psi. At the end of november I got the hpfp file and would spike 24 sometimes 25 psi. My boost setting is only on 7!!! It is possible this lead to premature failure, but who knows.

was this possibly due to a wastegate issue? not operating when it should?

GTIWV

WV VW
ohh, i see.

im apr stage 1 and i spike 21 and hold 19-20 until like 4k

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei

Zach L

VR junkie
so when's that video coming? :)