V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
No need with the w/m.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
My turbo sounds the exact same as yours did before you upgraded.... It started right after i put on the Evoms intake, and that was at around like 7K or 8K.... I am now at 41K and have seen no significant loss in power or anything and I still have the noise. I Don't think it's b/c the turbo is going bad...

But i'm still jealous of your K04 lol

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
since my BSH intake the turbo sounds alot different than it did with the neuspeed

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
My turbo sounds the exact same as yours did before you upgraded.... It started right after i put on the Evoms intake, and that was at around like 7K or 8K.... I am now at 41K and have seen no significant loss in power or anything and I still have the noise. I Don't think it's b/c the turbo is going bad...

But i'm still jealous of your K04 lol

Did you check out the pictures he posted of his old K03? I don't know much about what a turbo looks like when its dying but it didn't look pretty.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
My turbo was working great! It boosted fine and the car pulled hard. It just sounded like a supercharger when doing so! I replaced it because any damage to a turbo could lead to catastrophic failure and lats I check, pieces of metal dont function as good lubrication and dont compress well. Turbo wheels are balanced to at least .001 of an ounce. Any change in the geometry of the wheels will make it unbalanced when spinning 100,000+ rpm and who knows what will happen. I replaced it so I could avoid a new motor.

Here are a few updates:

1) Put a larger w/m nozzle on. I was previously running the 225ml/min nozzle. Now I have the 375ml/min nozzle. There is a MAJOR difference and my revo timing setting is at 9 while my fuel and boost is on 7.

2) I got the GIAC DSG flash. It is...weird...it completely changed the DSG and I still dont know if I like it :/ There isnt anything wrong with it, but personally, its a bit quirky...My dsg used to ALWAYS fart between every gear shift. Now it does it for the first 20 minutes of driving and then it no longer farts and sounds like a torque converter auto and blends into the next gear (and I hate that sound :O ). Maybe I should just lower the fuel a bit and make it a tad richer, but I dont know, I will have to experiment. I will make a review thread in a few more days when I have had plenty of time to drive it.

3) Logs are coming, but I have been really busy. I have some logs done but havent had time to make graphs and stuff like that. Soon it will be available.

4) Checked my cam follower yesterday. It has about 6k miles on it. The black coating is just beginning to come off. It looks like my estimate of "replace every 20k" will be correct.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
No, it still farts and its even louder. But after 25 minutes of driving (such as my 35 minute commute to school), it will start to sound stupid and wont fart unless im giving it a bit of throttle. Stock dsg software would fart under all circumstances! Barely any throttle, some, or wot...it would fart :p

Though when it shifts now at 7000rpm, it isnt really a fart, just a REALLY loud pop, hehe.