GOLFMKV

'13 STI vs '07 GTI

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth

mtlss

Ready to race!
Its about time the STi run like they should stock. All that was needed to pull on the 08-10 STi in the past was a basic stage 2.

I would like to see a stock 13 STi vs a stock 13 Evo GSR now.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Its about time the STi run like they should stock. All that was needed to pull on the 08-10 STi in the past was a basic stage 2.

Id love to race one if I got the chance.

boki

Ready to race!

^I know this is off topic (sorry OP) but what did they change on '13 so much that it runs much better than previous years? Doesn't it still have 305HP stock? STI sedan weights more than the hatch also?

Subie2013

Humble yourself
^I know this is off topic (sorry OP) but what did they change on '13 so much that it runs much better than previous years? Doesn't it still have 305HP stock? STI sedan weights more than the hatch also?
Yes. I don't think they run any different. I raced a 09 WRX in my GTI and could beat that. But I couldn't beat a 09 STI.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

I'm not sure with the STI, but I know 2011 and up Evo X's were quicker from the factory than 2008 and 2010 Evo X's. Mitsubishi worked on the tuning a little bit but didn't adjust the numbers on paper - probably because insurance rates are already through the roof.

With that said, as soon as you tune any of the 4B11's, they all make around the same power.

mtlss

Ready to race!
Yes. I don't think they run any different. I raced a 09 WRX in my GTI and could beat that. But I couldn't beat a 09 STI.

On the 11 and up STi they put in a better flowing downpipe and changed the tune. Its a little quicker. In the Evo they did the same so it should be a good race.

Some of the 11+ evo x hit high 12s stock now. I think the STi are doing very low 13s.

To give you perspective the best my 09 MR would do stock was a 13.8 @ 100-101.

And from a roll race the 09 wrx would pull on me stock vs stock. But only slightly.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That's insane. And, I'm going to guess your not in the US? I didn't think Mitsubishi made an 09 Evo in the US because they didnt want to interfere with the release of the Ralliart.

100-101 trap though haha; most stock turbo Stg 2 GTIs trap higher than that. 11+'s trap 105-107 from what I've seen.

mtlss

Ready to race!
That's insane. And, I'm going to guess your not in the US? I didn't think Mitsubishi made an 09 Evo in the US because they didnt want to interfere with the release of the Ralliart.

100-101 trap though haha; most stock turbo Stg 2 GTIs trap higher than that. 11+'s trap 105-107 from what I've seen.

Your right about that, Im in Canada, eh

stock it was slow.

catback hfc intake and a protune brought me to a 112 mph trap.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Ik I'm late, but just to speak a bit on the whole hpfp thing the jump from s2 to s2+ was great. The power gained isn't worth it alone but the hpfp and tune even put the power band like crazy. Mine feels much more even and I've gained power nicely throughout.

And now for the autotech v apr, autotech had been in business for a decade when apr just opened up. They know their shit, after all would they still be in business this entire time if they half assed their product? I feel a lot of people are squeamish about pumps other than apr for multiple reason, first probably 80% of people run aprs so everyone seems to recommend them and second aprs mechanic rebuild them which gives you ease of mind. if a autotech pump has failed it's because of install error. I've yet to find a failure caused from the actual hardware. I'm not bashing apr, their pump is really good and it's been proven over and over again. I'm just trying to say that if you know what you're doing the autotech will be just as good as the apr.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Sorry about all the spelling and grammar errors it's 4am and I just got home lol

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Raced an E46 M3 tonight, and a 01 S4 stage 1. M3 waxed me but was closer then we all thought it'd be. From a dig to 120 he had me by 4 cars. But up until 70-80ish I was only a car maybe car and half behind. In my defense I suck at launching the car. Haha the s4 race was crazy fucking even. From 60-90 it's door to door, then I start to pull on him. Probably one of the more fun races I've been apart of.