GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gmc

Timing belt, water pump and piston DV fitted

Having hit 133,000km and noticing the timing belt change interval is 120,000km/4 years, I bit the bullet and did it last night. Around 5 hours to change the belt, tensioner, pulleys and water pump. The use of a 4 post hoist also made things much easier. Hardest part of the job was removing the...
  2. gmc

Whiteline Front Anti-Lift/Caster Kit now in stock

As the photos show, some very nice bling to add to your undercarriage from Whiteline. We'll be fitting a set to the GC Corp GTI in the next couple of weeks. Whiteline Anti-Lift/Caster Kit (Front) - VW Golf MKV/Jetta MKIV IK Suits: VW Golf MKV VW Jetta MKV VW Passat MKVI The Whiteline...
  3. gmc

Official Bluefin Price Correction!!!

Some great news today. After months of negotiations, we've just been advised that the new Australian pricing for the Superchips Bluefin Turbo models is now $1,399 inc GST. This makes it even better value for money!
  4. gmc

Trip to Japan

As most of you know, I went to Japan for a couple of weeks and had a bit of a holiday/business jaunt. Started off in Tokyo, then Osaka, day trips to Kyoto and Kobe before spending a week out in Western Japan with a mate of mine. Did lots of shopping and bought a PS3 Ceramic White unit with...
  5. gmc

Fujitsubo Zega exhaust system fitted

I finally got around to fitting the Fujitsubo Zega exhaust system on Sunday and took some pics on the crappy camera phone. The install took around 40mins with removing the rubber hangers from the stock exhaust the hardest part. A bit of lubricant and screwdriver fixed it. First impressions were...
  6. gmc

New Bridgestone Ultra High Performance street tyre - RE-11

Bridgestone have just released a brand new Ultra High Performance Street tyre that replaces the renown RE-01R as the top of range Potenza in Japan. The tyre is an asymetrical design with what seems to be an asymetrical body shape to cater for extreme cornering. Here's a translated version...
  7. gmc

Lowered vehicles or larger front sway bar

When lowering or fitting a larger front swaybar to the the earlier model vehicles that have the factory Bi-Xenon option fitted, the head lamp leveling sensor link bracket fitted to the NS front control arm can foul on the sway bar causing noise and possible swaybar fatigue/failure if left to rub...
  8. gmc

Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Finally got a good pic of the various colours that we received into stock last week. Of course, the single set of red ones are for our car... :biggrin: In addition to the Clear and Black in stock, the following colours are available, but may take up to 4 weeks to arrive as they'll be...
  9. gmc

DBA 4000 Series Rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads fitted

Here are pics of the DBA 4000 series rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads fitted. Fitment took approximately 20mins a side. The only special tool needed was a torx bit to remove and refit the rotor retaining bolt that secures it to the hub while the wheel is off. The Hawk pads come with pad wear...
  10. gmc

Announcement: GC Corp now a forum sponsor

We've finally sorted out all the required formalities and are very proud to announce that GC Corp Pty Ltd is now an official GOLFMKV forum sponsor. To celebrate this and the upcoming Christmas festivities, we have our whole range of VW MKV upgrades and maintenance parts on special up until the...
  11. gmc

Time for some new bits

This is what happens when mrs gmc backs out of the car spot next to her usual one at work without looking behind her. A bit of lock while watching the front left corner and crash!! Time for a set of Hella silver/black LED tail lights and a parktronic rear bar. I'm glad that she wasn't hurt...
  12. gmc

Tein Euro Coilovers vs Stock tiny GTG

After much anticipation, Fatty Boomba and myself met up for a quick run through the National Park last night. The aim was to firstly find/set the optimal damping rates, become familiar with the new suspension and compare it with the std GTI. It was a very windy night with lots of leaves on the...
  13. gmc

New toys that arrived today...

Time for the Tein -vs- Premium GTG soon... :) Awesome looking quality. I was very surprised to see that the rear shocks are also inverted, lowering the unsprung weight of the suspension as a result.
  14. gmc

Another GTI burns to the ground in Japan...

I wonder what the story is... wasn't there one that caught fire in Sydney not too long ago? It was all over the TV news in Japan.
  15. gmc

Fujitsubo GTI exhaust systems

Fujitsubo exhaust systems for the MKV GTI sold under their Zega brand for european cars. I'm hanging to see what the full titanium version is going to be... :biggrin: Seems to be a cat back system with impressive torque increase in the mid-range on their std car. The cruise noise level is...
  16. gmc

Back from Skyline Museum and Tuning Powers Japan

If any of you are interested, here are some photos from my recent trip to Japan. Couldn't stop snapping pics with the new SLR... :biggrin: http://www.gccorp.com.au/photos/tuningpowers/index.htm http://www.gccorp.com.au/photos/skylinemuseum/index.htm
  17. gmc

Bluefin - Back to back dyno runs

Managed to get the car onto the new dyno this afternoon and did a couple of runs firstly with the Bluefin and 20mins later after restoring the std map.
  18. gmc

Sydney - Insight Motorsports Dyno Day - 29/7/07

Sydney - Insight Motorsports Dyno Day - 29/7/07 Scotty from Insight Motorsports is celebrating the installation of his new Dyno Dynamics 4WD dyno with a dyno day. The cost is $55 inc GST. Address is: Insight Motorsports Unit 8/34 Lidco Street Arndell Park NSW 2148 (Across the Great...
  19. gmc

Rear bumper/valance

I saw a silver GTI with a full body kit last night that is just awesome, but I can't find pictures of it anywhere. There were 4 exhaust tips, 2 on each side, but high and very close to the sides of the car. Anyone have ideas which kit it could be?
  20. gmc

DSG clutch change

A mate of mine worked in an Audi dealership up until last week and was telling me a story about a customer with an A3 2.0T that had worn out the clutches in his car. I guess too much hill holding or launch control action. Too them 2 days to change the clutches and nearly $5K later...