GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New toys that arrived today...

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
Time for the Tein -vs- Premium GTG soon... :)

Awesome looking quality. I was very surprised to see that the rear shocks are also inverted, lowering the unsprung weight of the suspension as a result.

Attachments

• 06112007077.jpg
    06112007077.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,406
  • 06112007078.jpg
    06112007078.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • 06112007079.jpg
    06112007079.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 06112007080.jpg
    06112007080.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 1,381

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
gmc,
I'm envious.
They look a million bucks.
Rear springs even come with sleeve to cut down noise (or is that part of packaging).
I had my Eibach front springs sleeved like that to cut down the metal to metal crashing sound for a more refined sounding ride.

What about bars? Whiteline are taking their time; will you go German or American.

Comparison test:
TEIN -v- Conventional Strut (Koni FSD/Eibach/ARB)

Bring it on I say. Koni FSD looking to kick some TEIN arse.
Fatty Boomba is going to have to be the unbiased one in next research day I think.

Not to mention Bluefin -v- Bluefin (10.5:1 -v- 10.3:1 compression versions) test; Yes, that means you funny.

When is the install?

Cheers
James

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
Yes, I spent about an hour looking at them and studying how it's all been put together.

The sleeves come fitted to stop coil slap, just like you've done with yours.

Bars... depending on the spring rates and how firm it all is, I'll decide on bars later. After having such big bars in the Pulsar, I'll probably stick with stock for the moment, or just a minor rear upgrade to really keep the rubber on the ground when cornering hard.

The EDFC unit with stepper motors are currently in the air. Should get them on Thursday, so it might be either a Thursday or Saturday install.

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Although both anti-roll bars would be better; rear only if possible may have to be the way to go for now. You will be able to play with softening up the front coilovers & tightening the rear for better turn-in; ultimately stock bars may let you down with some understeer push. Big bars should not be needed; intermediate should be fine as you will dial out a lot of body roll, pitch & squat with stifer coils/dampers, not to mention lower ride height. What ride height will you set? I'd suggest -20mm front/-15mm rear to start with. Next comparison we may be able to adjust on the 'fly' for the ultimate street/road setup. Will be a great learning experience for all.
Cheers
James

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
very nice!
my mate has had Tein coilovers both on his civic and r33 skyline and i must say theyre brilliant! the next question did you get the Tein EDFC unit too? thats a seriously awesome peice of kit. makes it so much easier and faster to change your set up

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Groovy!

Knew WhiteJames would drag me in somewhere :)
Means i'll need to take all my sh%t out of the boot before the GTG...

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Err, dumb question, but which are the fronts? The adjustable ones (separate coils/damper)

BU88A

Ready to race!
hey mate, just wondering what teins are these??they look so different to the ones i'm used to seeing.

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
the next question did you get the Tein EDFC unit too?

EDFC unit is currently in the air right now. Should get it on Thursday morning.

Err, dumb question, but which are the fronts? The adjustable ones (separate coils/damper)

The fronts are the larger struts with captured springs. They're in the middle of the pack. The rears are on the outside.

hey mate, just wondering what teins are these??they look so different to the ones i'm used to seeing.

Tein Euro Dampers. They make a range for European cars now.

BU88A

Ready to race!
damn i shld've gotten these one too since u can install edfc on em!!how much are they mind me asking? but no regrets on my KW V2 tho:)

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
thats looking hawtttt :drool: