GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fujitsubo Zega exhaust system fitted

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
I finally got around to fitting the Fujitsubo Zega exhaust system on Sunday and took some pics on the crappy camera phone. The install took around 40mins with removing the rubber hangers from the stock exhaust the hardest part. A bit of lubricant and screwdriver fixed it.

First impressions were jaw dropping. The smoothness, extra torque and power were all much more than expected. The larger diameter, mandrel bent piping and straight through mufflers really make a huge difference to the flow, especially with the Bluefin. The next best thing about the exhaust system was the noise level, very close to stock, but a little deeper. Now that we've got a few kays on the car and started to accumulate a bit of carbon/soot, the exhaust note has gotten a little deeper and slightly louder than stock when at idle. When cruising, it's sometimes just louder and just a little quieter at other times depending on load and rpm.

The quality of welds and construction, like all Japanese exhaust systems is just amazing with robotic welds and very smooth bends.

If there's enough interest and people like it at the GTG's, we'll order a couple of sets to come in with the next sea shipment. Estimated pricing is $1,600 inc GST at the current exchange rate.

Attachments

• ZegaTailPipes.jpg
    ZegaTailPipes.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • ZegaRearMuffler.jpg
    ZegaRearMuffler.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 998
  • ZegaFrontMuffler.jpg
    ZegaFrontMuffler.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • ZegaBend.jpg
    ZegaBend.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 986
  • ZegaFrontBend.jpg
    ZegaFrontBend.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 970
  • ZegaFrontJoin.jpg
    ZegaFrontJoin.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,021

Jig

Flow Motion
can you post some exhaust noice sound clips for all of us to hear?

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
Gerard, is there a choice with the style of tips?

No, they come with that tip only. There is also a titanium version which weighes around 1/2 the stainless steel version. The price would be over the top though.

The advertised torque increase with the std cars is very good. I'd say the jump would be even more pronounced with the chipped cars as I've found.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I think they had a factory freak in that testing!

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Wow, and you did that all with just jack stands???

Any welding involved - i assume for the hangers?

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Wouldn't be any welding, they make bolt on systems to "bolt on" using existing hanger points and hardware.

Booba

Ready to race!
Good work wheres mine? Maybe you should get one in so I can have one when I come down hehe :)

Jig

Flow Motion
Thanks gmc. the exhaust note sounds great! hmmm