GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

New clutch install, loud slapping noise when cranking

I have 09 GTI that have seen too many problems decided to retire it 6 months ago due to leaking oil. Anyways, couple weeks back we decided since it's sitting in the garage doing nothing, maybe make it a project and try to replace the rear main seal. Took out the tranny. Replaced the seal and...
  2. S

MKV Parting out - MKV/MK6 parts - Exhaust, Steering, Shift Knobs

Parting out some MKV/MK6 GTI parts. Items are located in Toronto, Canada, willing to work out shipping deals if interested. 1. Milltek Sport R32 Style Cat-Back Exhaust Resonated with Rear Valence MKV $800CAD NOTES: There are scratches and minor dents on the exhaust to due occasional rubbing...
  3. S

Unitronic Stage 1+ Holly!!!!!

This tune is smooth and aggressive!! I'm loving it, got it yesterday and it changed the whole car!! 2nd gear pulls like crazy now, it's super quick!!!... 6th gear pulls really good on the highway now!!! It's like my car just lost 800 lbs and got another turbo lol... Now this car feels fast...
  4. S

Front left dipped beam not working...

Got this message when I turned on my high beam today, the message and the light is gone from the dash for some reasons, however, the front left HID light is now yellowish. Does that mean the bulb is fine and something else is broken?
  5. S

What is this part called?

Hi there, I've been trying to find out what's going on with my car, basically on idle it shudders every few seconds, sometimes it happens more and sometimes less noticeable. This problem started after I had my fuel injectors replaced which involved the removal of the intake manifold. I was...
  6. S

car shudders at idle...

I got new spark plugs, new ignition coil, carbon buildup all cleaned up. The issue I'm having for months now is at idle... car shakes every couple seconds.. The pattern is very inconsistent, sometimes shakes more and sometimes less. Scanned with Vagcom, no error code and no misfire count.. I...
  7. S

how to take care of this rust spot?

Opened my rear door and saw the rust.. the actual chip is really small and I guess water got in thus the rust mark... any idea on how to handle this to prevent further rust?
  8. S

Is alignment really that hard to get it right?

I've never had luck with alignment. I remember 2 years ago I got alignment done on my girlfriend's car(BMW 3 series) in a very reputable alignment shop with good reviews, however the steering was off center a little bit and had to go back for the second time, had the same issue after the second...
  9. S

What kind of glue is this?

I can't seem to find anything about it... It's used by a body shop and this thing is strong! I think it's strong enough to fix broken bumper tabs.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

G12 coolant premixed

I'm going to the dealership in an hour or so to get a bottle of coolant. It was 10F this morning and when I started my car, the low coolant light came on and went away in 30 seconds. I checked my coolant, it's under the min line, just called the dealership and one lady said I need to mix with...
  11. S

Rear driver side tire cupping

Anyone experienced this issue before? On the highway the humming/rotational noise is very uncomfortable. Could it be bad struct causing this? I think it's called cupping/scalloping. My bro drives a MK6 Golf and is having the same issue on the same tire. Not sure what to do here. I'm...
  12. S

Would you consider an accident car.

My friend is looking to buy an used CC 3.6 and found this car from an used car dealership(private but with good reviews from different forums). The problem is the accident was under $5000 which can seem a lot but not really a lot if the repair was done at a legit body shop. He says he doesn't...
  13. S

P0302 error code

So it looks like cylinder 2 is misfiring, I have about 60K miles on 2009 GTI, I bought it used at 44K. Never changed any spark plugs or coils since I bought it and don't know if the previous owner did or not. Couple months back, one morning when I started my car, the CEL light flashed for...
  14. S

Anyone with OCD?

Just curious because I have it but not as serious as some people but I can tell you it can be miserable sometimes.
  15. S

Hit & Run... is this serious?

Some stupid person impacted my bumper while parking probably and left the scene. Little paint was rubbed off and the bumper looked a little weird on one side so I removed the wheel liner and found the metal part behind it was bent. Is this serious?
  16. S

Flashing CEL light?

Today when I started my car, the CEL light came on for about 5 seconds and gone. Drove to work and never seen it again.. Should I be concerned? From my research, it's misfiring. Any ideas? Everything feels normal so far. Also can the code still be read with a reader? I still have my power...
  17. S

Do all experienced manual drivers drive smoothly?

I've had my GTI for just little under a year now and I find it's hard to drive as smoothly as an automatic. Maybe I'm trying to drive to hard to drive smoothly thus making it even worst. Someday I have really good feel and I drive really smooth. Sometime I drive really bad. Feels like...
  18. S

Did my resonator delete!

Sounds good! sounds even better in real life. Just did a quick video, only rev-ed it very little http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=BJg-YoAIpb8
  19. S

Can C350 cleanly take over GTI?

So I was driving to work today and this C350 pulled up to me and suddenly stepped on the gas and started going really fast. I didn't try to catch up or anything. 5 minutes after, we got to a light before a ramp to the freeway. The ramp is about 60M in front of the traffic light on the right...
  20. S

Tricor lifetime warranty - powertrain

I bought my GTI from a Ford Dealer and they gave me this Tricor lifetime power warranty but the requirements are that I need to do my oil change and tire rotation every 8000KMs at a Tricor dealer. Have couple VW tricor dealers in the area so that's fine. However, on my service manual, it says...