GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Problem, CEL...

Vehicle is 08 gti FSI manual trans apr 2, 69,000 miles On my way to airport. Attempted to pass someone and car began to accelerate and the just halted. At first I thought maybe fuel cut but I was in third gear between 3000and 4000 rpm. As I got along it got worse and when I was trying to park...
  2. M

How do I...

How do I know if my struts are going bad? I have an 08 mkv gti with 60,000 miles. The tires on it are only about 10,000-12,000 miles old and they have severe cupping on the inside of the back tires. I have always rotated on schedule and got an alignment about 5000 to 7000 miles ago. VW...
  3. M

Where can I order these?

I am looking for the rubber hatch bump stops for my mkv gti. I broke one when trying to adjust the hatch and want to find more and prefer not to deal with the dealership if possible. Thanks for your help.
  4. M

Suspension question...

I have a 2008 GTI APR stage 2 manual trans with 60,000 miles. I am a little new at understanding suspension but am learning everything I can. I learned today that my rear tires are worn badly on the inside part of the tires. The guy explained to me that this is most likely due to the struts...
  5. M

Question

I was recently in a minor fender bender with a guardrail about a month ago during a snow storm and damaged my front end. Took forever to get the car back. When I got it back I noticed some things were off so I'm talking with my insurance company and I'm taking it to Volkswagen. Well then I...
  6. M

Need Advice

A few weeks ago I was in a minor accident with a guardrail because of a snow storm. Thankfully I was already driving slowly so it didn't cause an incredible amount of damage but still damage. I brought it into the body shop. Since then it has been a major pain in the ass when dealing with them...
  7. M

Beginning to wonder...

After seeing pics of the new GLI I'm almost beginning to believe that the MKV and MKVI GTI is the last great car VW has made. There was a time when VW was the premium brand that fit very well in between more expensive brands like Audi and BMW without sacrificing much in German quality and...
  8. M

Someone, please help!!

I posted a thread the other day describing what was going on with my car. Basically I would lose all my power steering while trying to park and then when trying to turn the car on it would sound like it was going to die. Later that day it did die and wouldn't start. Had to have VW roadside...
  9. M

Weird thing happened...

So I'm heading to the grocery store to pick up some things and when I first get into the car, everything is perfectly normal. I get to the store parking lot and as I'm pulling into a parking space, I nearly lose all of my power steering. I was able to get the car into the space. I turn the car...
  10. M

Just double checking

My car has been starting really rough for awhile and mostly does it when it's cold and gets worse as it gets colder. It just sounds like it won't start and then it just barely starts up. Figured this was a battery problem considering I have to deal with cold winters (Flagstaff, AZ) and figured...
  11. M

Did some runs for the first time!

So I read about the iPhone app, Dynolicious and thought it was pretty cool so I downloaded it and thought I'd do some runs with it. I read up on the Dynolicious app and it appeared that the app was pretty accurate given the correct inputs (i.e. correct weight) so I thought I'd give it a go. Mind...
  12. M

Springs vs. coilovers

I have an '08 GTI and want to get it lowered a bit. At first I thought it was low enough since it is at a different ride height compared to earlier models. But I would like it lowered just a bit but nothing too drastic. I want it to look sharp. I have done a lot of searching and am wanting to...
  13. M

Don't know what to do, help!

I have searched for this and this is why I'm concerned. I had a major creaking noise on my front passenger side area and I know many people have had the same problem and I was informed there was a recall on the bushings that was "supposed" to fix the problem. Had the work done, it was supposed...
  14. M

Annoying squeaking noise in steering wheel column

Is there a way to tighten up the steering wheel column? It's making an annoying squeaking noise just under the steering wheel. Thanks in advance.
  15. M

Question

I got apr stage 2 upgrade a few months ago and love the extra power. however i still cant decide if i like the sound the dounpipe is creating. it is a b&b catless downpipe fitted to the stock catback. do any of you like the sound it makes? i guess im almost worried it sounds too much like a high...
  16. M

i feel dumb lol

as mentioned in my other thread earlier i just got stage 2 with a catless downpipe. i tried doing all sorts of research because im new at doing mods and wanted to do it right. i love the way the car drives, i just wanted added power. now i feel like i have just messed things up and spent a lot...
  17. M

About how much hp and whp am i at?

hey everyone, just recently upgraded to stage 2 with a catless downpipe. i'm still sort of new to all of this but wanted to know about what hp/whp am i at? i guess im asking because it doesn't feel as fast as i thought. now this may be due to the fact that i have been driving my mom's 335i...
  18. M

Newb question

i just recently got a 3" catless downpipe put on my 08 gti and stage 2 software from apr. i have been learning about all of these upgrades, and just learning more and more about cars, as im going along by doing research and everything. call me stupid but i didn't realize having a catless...
  19. M

Am I crazy or is something wrong?

i just want apr stage 1 about a week ago. now suddenly i feel like its not stage 1 anymore. i almost feel like its back to stock but there are some times where it does feel more powerful again but then other times it feels back to stock. any thoughts as to what could be going on? car has 32,000...
  20. M

Excited now :)

i put a thread on her earlier when i had issues getting a revo tune and was very disappointed. well this morning i rushed to another place and got apr instead and am loving every bit of it. i paid a little more than i wanted but im glad i finally got it. this is my first mod to my car and all i...