GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Excited now :)

Mayday5

Ready to race!
i put a thread on her earlier when i had issues getting a revo tune and was very disappointed. well this morning i rushed to another place and got apr instead and am loving every bit of it. i paid a little more than i wanted but im glad i finally got it. this is my first mod to my car and all i can say its wonderful. even though its stage 1 it still feels like a beast. there is so much pull and i love it and still no turbo lag and is still factory smooth. it awesome and i love! thanks everyone for your help and advice!

Jnoonoo

Big tits, round ass FTW!
Car(s)
09 GTI
Nice.

I have yet to tune my car. I guess REVO is out of the picture now, for me.

Thanks for the info/feedback.

Zach L

VR junkie
Nice.

I have yet to tune my car. I guess REVO is out of the picture now, for me.

Thanks for the info/feedback.

His REVO issue had nothing to do with REVO or their programming. Dealers are independent businesses. He went to a dealer that told him REVO was not available, but they lied to him. It basically boiled down the dealer not purchasing the rights in order to give him the REVO.

Truth is if the dealer had REVO flashed his car w/o issue he'd be on here making a stupid ass post about how good the REVO was as well.

Mayday5

Ready to race!
im not saying revo is bad at all, they both were good. i was just excited and when revo was having issues i was disappointed and just wanted to get it done thus why i just went to apr, thats all. im just glad i finally tuned the car. and zach L, if you want to be a dick go somewhere else. i was just showing my enthusiasm. you don't have to come on and be a dick about everything by saying it was a "stupid ass post". thanks to those of you who were not dicks.

jmejiaa

Go Kart Champion
Congrats!

And yes, the issue it sounds was with the dealer, not with the revo tune itself which he never installed.

Zach L

VR junkie
im not saying revo is bad at all, they both were good. i was just excited and when revo was having issues i was disappointed and just wanted to get it done thus why i just went to apr, thats all. im just glad i finally tuned the car. and zach L, if you want to be a dick go somewhere else. i was just showing my enthusiasm. you don't have to come on and be a dick about everything by saying it was a "stupid ass post". thanks to those of you who were not dicks.

First off, if you don't like anything I'm saying then YOU can GTFO ...sorry, but I was here first and more importantly I make regular contributions with technical information, not just silly excitement threads.

Of course there is going to be people coming in this thread not knowing the whole story. It was you responsibility to tell the whole story so you don't have oblivious people coming in here making decisions w/o all the information (like the guy I quoted in my post above).

There are hundreds of people on this forum, most with chipped cars. Can you imagine if every one of them made a post when they got chipped? ...you're not any more special than anyone else.

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
zach l, i am not chipped yet and am pretty new to the vw scene but if someone had enough time time to look through your 806 posts they would find at least one that says how excited you are about your chip, so calm down

Zach L

VR junkie
zach l, i am not chipped yet and am pretty new to the vw scene but if someone had enough time time to look through your 806 posts they would find at least one that says how excited you are about your chip, so calm down

I'm not chipped, and therefore not biased toward one brand or the other.

As you can see from my sig, the GTI is not my toy, but the reliable daily driver. I said 3 years ago on this forum that I wouldn't chip my car b/c I suspected people would end up having the same results as chipped 1.8T guys. Well the cars are starting to finally get up there in miles and the threads have started to surface. The cases I've seen have been with cars chipped when fairly new (<20k miles) and the turbos have gone between 65k and 90k if I remember correctly.

When I have a confirmed ETA for the BT I'll chip the car, but until then I'll keep the turbo reliable, by keeping it at a lower temp, by keeping it in its efficiency range, by keeping the boost down.

Mayday5

Ready to race!
zach L, if you don't like my post showing my enthusiasm then don't commenting on my thread. it's that simple. i was just excited and wanted to share my experience. it's no different from people sharing there experiences with racing someone. but if you don't like it, then don't bother posting anything dude, lay off. im come on these forums because most people on here are nice and they like to help. you're just making it difficult. so like i said if you don't like someone's post then don't bother commenting.

kyle

Go Kart Champion
First off, if you don't like anything I'm saying then YOU can GTFO ...sorry, but I was here first and more importantly I make regular contributions with technical information, not just silly excitement threads.

Of course there is going to be people coming in this thread not knowing the whole story. It was you responsibility to tell the whole story so you don't have oblivious people coming in here making decisions w/o all the information (like the guy I quoted in my post above).

There are hundreds of people on this forum, most with chipped cars. Can you imagine if every one of them made a post when they got chipped? ...you're not any more special than anyone else.

Check yourself because you're WAY out of line. What do you mean...'I was here first' and 'I make regular contributions with technical information'? Who cares?

I'm guessing that there aren't a whole lot of people here who feel that they are indebted to you because you 'make regular contributions with technical information.'

The guy is jacked about his tune. I was too...and I made a 'silly excitement thread' about it as well.

OP...enjoy the newfound power. The stage 1 tuning is definitely how the GTI should have come from the factory. It really completes the package. Believe it or not, if/when you ever switch back to stock mode, the GTI is still a pleasure to drive. Switching back to 91/93 though is even better!

jmejiaa

Go Kart Champion

Both of you are just silly whipping out your e-cocks and claiming seniority on a freaking online forum.

Place is turning into the vortex more and more every day.