GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird thing happened...

Mayday5

Ready to race!
So I'm heading to the grocery store to pick up some things and when I first get into the car, everything is perfectly normal. I get to the store parking lot and as I'm pulling into a parking space, I nearly lose all of my power steering. I was able to get the car into the space. I turn the car off and then turn it back on, and it barely starts up. It sounds terrible. I try it again and it does the same thing. I'm APR stage 2 FSI with 46,800 miles so I try putting it in stock mode (thinking I might have to take it to the dealer so I put it in stock and lock it just in case the car dies). So I do that and turn the car off and turn it back on again to see if maybe it had something to do with the software. Car does the same thing and nearly dies but coughs into life. So I just go into the store to give it some time. Come back out and turn it on and it does the same thing. So I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer while it's running. Along the way, when stopped at stop lights I feel the power steering go again and I start getting the ABS and ESP lights flashing but only for a split second and then goes away. I start moving again and everything returns to normal. I pulled over into a parking lot just outside the dealership to check again (knowing the dealer will want to replicate the problem otherwise they don't do shit). I try starting the car up and everything is normal again. Power steering works and it starts up normally. So I try putting it back to stage 2 software to see what it does. Car starts up normally so I drive around for a bit to see if the problem comes back. Everything continued to work normally like it never happened and it even starts up normal again. I never got any continuous warning light, only the periodical split second flash of the ABS and ESP lights.

Does anyone know what the hell happened lol? Also I noticed that there are times when I'm coming to a stop and I'm downshifting. Prior to coming to a stop when I engage the clutch the engine continues to rev anywhere from 1000 to 1500 rpm rather the dropping to the normal 750 revs at idle or so. For instance, it will do this as I'm parking. Then once I come to a complete stop it idles as normal. I noticed that it only does this in chipped mode. Is this normal as well or have I just never noticed it before?

Sorry for the long post but any info is welcomed, thanks.

Mayday5

Ready to race!
It never really idles erratically though. As I'm slowing down, it just hovers around 1200 rpm or so when I engage the clutch until I come to a complete stop, at which then it goes down. I just wasn't really sure if it was a problem because honestly it makes it easier when matching revs while in a parking lot or something.