GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Annoying squeaking noise in steering wheel column

Mayday5

Ready to race!
Is there a way to tighten up the steering wheel column? It's making an annoying squeaking noise just under the steering wheel. Thanks in advance.

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG
Is there a way to tighten up the steering wheel column? It's making an annoying squeaking noise just under the steering wheel. Thanks in advance.

my dash board squeaks after i destroyed my oil pan. the dealer took care of it but it came back after i got rear ended today..

some pieces got loose in my dash and they squeak against the glass

Mayday5

Ready to race!
I havent done anything modifications to it, it's simply stock. I know it's due to the shitty roads near where I live. I felt a screw underneath the column near the steering wheel adjustment but am not sure if thats the screw to tighten or not. Is this the way to tighten or fix it or should I just take it to the dealership?

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
When I had the new south pod for my boost gauge it squeaked badly enough to hear over the gauge buzzing

greg@podi.ca

Ready to race!
It can be tightened...as far as I know. Under the adjustment lever is a screw, try tightening that one.

If that doesn't work, you can remove the lower cover and add some self-adhesive foam to the areas that are making noise.