GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Its not that bad, just need good starts and consistancy.

My R/Ts are what kill me normally but up until that run I was cutting some good lights. My 4 previous runs my R/T's were between .025-.045

No IC in Florida must be killing you!

If I go with the W/G n W/m im going to have to get an sps+ to adjust my timing and boost and try and figure out how to do logs. I've had my vag-com cable since waterfest and have not messed with it other then to clear a couple codes

I like to take my time at the line as you can see from the 1.5 sec R/T on my last slip:bellyroll:

And yeah the stock IC is completely worthless here. Meth is great but it can only do so much with that POS when you live in the swamp. I can't wait for it to cool down...

Logging is cake though, you'll have it down in no time. I always thought it would be a big deal until I actually got vag com. If you ever have any questions about logging or graphing or anything feel free to shoot me a pm.

07Noside

Banned
I had 6 time trial runs with my best being a 13.817@100.64 so I dialed in with a 13.80.
second round of eliminations I come out of nowhere with a 13.627@101.8
Naturally I broke out.

Still kicking myself for blowing up some o rings and popping couplers saturday night and not being able to make it. They had the 1/8 mile open only at e town on weds because it was so windy 45-50mph cross winds but I still went 7/9 passes with 1.9 60ft's and 8.5 in the 1/8. :mad:

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Jesus I dont know whats up with my car then. The best i could get last night at the 1/8th mile track was a 9.2 at 77mph and a 2.3 60 foot. grrrrr I was only running Yoko S-drives at 25psi.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Made it to the track last night after going Stage 2....only had 1 "okay" run & 1 "good" run...the other 2 were flops....13.932 @ 101.79 with a poor 60 ft. :frown:

I was 14.3 @ 102 with Stage 1 & intake

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Buy a RWD car...

Rev2Ten-K

Banned

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
i want a stutter box lol. i cant wait to get my stage 2+ at the track. november it's going down. i tried last time to rev it up and hold at a certain rpm and then feather out the clutch but i ran terrible times. i would focus more on holding the rev and less on the lights to lauch. my best times were when, at the 3rd yellow i rev it by feel and feather out the clutch. if i try too hard to maintain a specific rev i do badly. i figure just get the feel of how deep to hit the gas pedal. when i got that feel down i ran my time steady all day.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Well....this helps too....

When they wave you up....rush up to the line & get staged before the other guy. Then get situated & hold your revs & then wait for the lights

Never rush on the track! Just don't stage you car.

Taking your time is key to being comfortable up there. Get your head right 2 or 3 cars ahead of your turn on what you're going to do for THIS specific run. Then when it's your turn, avoid the water patch, line up in the groves straight, turn on the first staging yellow but not the 2nd! Yet. Take a deep breath and visualize your launch and 1-2 shift. Don't even pay any attention to the guy next to you. He's irrelevant when you're running for time. Let him stand on his two step for crying out loud if your not ready yet yourself. This is all about you.

Now that you're mentally prepared, inch up to the second staging light, and know that you now have about 3 seconds before the green.

If you rush you will be all out of sync and more then likely mess up on something. Shit seems to happen a lot quicker when you're standing on the starting line. I try to slow it down.