GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I was told that it is proper "etiquette" to only light the first bulb if you are waiting for your opponent. Once he lights his pre-stage bulb, you can then go ahead and light your second bulb.

The idea is avoid a situation where one guy is sitting there with both bulbs lit and the other guy hasn't come out of the box yet.

Do you guys pay attention to stuff like that or is it trivial to you, like waiting to take a bite of your meal until everyone has been served (LOL. Who does that?)?

Trust me, I do have manors

But at a Test & Tune, it doesn't really matter (that's all I go to)

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
LOL i NEVER realized this. now i know etiquette rofl

07Noside

Banned
A few of us should get together and hit the track on a friday or something before the end of the season

I'll be out there tonight. Only probably 2 more weeks or so untill the weather starts getting to cold and they close up shop.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
I'll be out there tonight. Only probably 2 more weeks or so untill the weather starts getting to cold and they close up shop.

No can do tonight. I think I'm going to try for next fri, weather permitting of course.

07Noside

Banned
No can do tonight. I think I'm going to try for next fri, weather permitting of course.

sounds good, should be a good night with the weather finally being clear. I'm sure I'll be out again next week too as long as the weathers good. Gotta see how those new settings are working out for ya.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R

Atco is open through the middle of December and then Opens back up at the End of January. Trust me on this one its worth the Drive. You should try atco on a tuesday night when its 40 degrees no one shows. You get 20 runs at least. And not to mention you will get about 4 to 5 tenths faster then etown.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
sounds good, should be a good night with the weather finally being clear. I'm sure I'll be out again next week too as long as the weathers good. Gotta see how those new settings are working out for ya.

Yeah I'm pretty stoked! New setting, new mounts and if all goes well I should be picking up some radials from branman

07Noside

Banned
Atco is open through the middle of December and then Opens back up at the End of January. Trust me on this one its worth the Drive. You should try atco on a tuesday night when its 40 degrees no one shows. You get 20 runs at least. And not to mention you will get about 4 to 5 tenths faster then etown.

I'm usually down there on sundays :thumbsup: I was there last week but they only had the 1/8th open again because of all the rain washed the track to clean..

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
lol atco is crazy far. noside, when is the best night to get the most runs at englishtown. i went to a test and tune on a wednesday and it was PACKED. only got 4 runs.

07Noside

Banned
4 runs is the normal. Especially at the end of the season it gets busy when its nice out. I'll probably only get 3-4 runs in tonight. You'll get nights where youll get 8-10 but its a rare occasion. Usually weds is busier tho when its just test and tune but fridays get busy to when other events are going on like tonight with the 275 tire class. Hoping the brother in law takes a win home tonight in that class :thumbsup:

Atco isnt that bad, its about an hour and 20 mins from me, but E-town is only like 20 with no traffic lol.

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
ran a 10.0 @ 145mph in my mark 1 gti in forza 3

Last edited:

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
How everyone do this weekend?

Hopfully it wasn't as crappy as mine, well I guess its wasn't too bad, I did learn somthings and did gain in certain areas. I definitly picked up trap speeds, (now around 103-105mph) but my elaspe times(13.9-14.2's) and 60's were way off(best 60' was 2.23 the rest were 2.4-2.6's). I did mange to pop valve cover seal and break a camshaft sensor, just to run a 13.93 @ 106 mph. I wanted to wait until next season to order DR's, but with a few events left, I gonna go a head order a pair.

07Noside

Banned
Only ran once. Brother in law, blew up a piston and the block after qualifying rounds so spent all the time trying to pull things apart and see if it was salvageable. Landed 1st place qualifier and only had to race the last race to win $1k. Still gotta trophy for being the fastest all year and closest et. He did 8.501 on a 8.50.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Englishtown friday? Anyone down?

Last edited: