GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
sweet run i'm going stage 2 with my tsi and im looking for a run like that with my 6mt

Its going to take alot longer to get that ET with a manual. Just ask Slomkv. It takes alot of trial and error to get down that good of a launch. To be honest i dont think my DSG still has it and i am not sure if i can replicate that again since my mounts are very weak now. The car shifts alot slower and the launches are not as good.

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
yeah i'm gonna have to get rid of these conti's hahaha i might get nitto nt555r's in the near future

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
yeah i'm gonna have to get rid of these conti's hahaha i might get nitto nt555r's in the near future

The Contins were actually pretty good for me. I think i got a 13.6 with just stage 1 on those tires.

07Noside

Banned

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
come to garden state plaza tonight guys! top of the parking deck by the theater 8PM

errie806

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
yeah its official. come on down dude. theres a thread of it in the NJ/NY forum. and Noside i hope you can make it as well lol i've been dying to see your whip

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
I'll be there anyone else? :thumbsup:

I'll be there. i was hoping to have some dr's but every place i go either want to much or cant get them in time. Guess thats what I get for dragging my ass

sloMk5

2007 GTI
how'd you guys do at the show and go?

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
I had 6 time trial runs with my best being a 13.817@100.64 so I dialed in with a 13.80.
second round of eliminations I come out of nowhere with a 13.627@101.8
Naturally I broke out.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Nice. I didn't know it was bracket racing, so R/T is added in to those times?

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
It doesnt factor in to your time but it is key in trying to finish first.

the guy I lined up against dialed in at 14.25 and I dialed in at 13.80 so he had .45 head start. His R/T was .050 and mine was .116 so I gave him another .066 on the start so I was basically screwed and had no choice but to go all out.

I actually caught him before or right around the 1000ft mark and and let off right before the finish line in hopes of not breaking out. If I had known I was that much quicker I wouldnt have let up at the end.
That probably cost me about .05 and 2-3mph
I guessing without letting up that run would have been in the 13.57@103-104 range

I need to get some DR's and engine and tranny mounts and see what happens. Im also debating the forge w/g actuator and w/m.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I don't think I would like bracket racing lol.

That's awesome though, keep it up. I'd love some DR's and a FMIC myself but just can't do it now. The W/M and W/G go together great though, I know you wouldn't be disappointed.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Its not that bad, just need good starts and consistancy.

My R/Ts are what kill me normally but up until that run I was cutting some good lights. My 4 previous runs my R/T's were between .025-.045

No IC in Florida must be killing you!

If I go with the W/G n W/m im going to have to get an sps+ to adjust my timing and boost and try and figure out how to do logs. I've had my vag-com cable since waterfest and have not messed with it other then to clear a couple codes

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
like said above I let off before the finish line so im figuring that cost me about .05 and 2-3mph off my time.