New Post Your 1/4mile time thread

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
good times man.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Great times man. Killer 60'. Keep it up, we want to see a 12 second pass :thumbsup:

07Noside

Banned
good times man.
Thanks man!

Great times man. Killer 60'. Keep it up, we want to see a 12 second pass :thumbsup:

You and me both lol I'll be out again on friday as long as the weather is good, so hopefully I stay on the same upward curve I've been running on =P. As long as I keep doing better even if its only .01 secs I'll keep trying.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Yes finally. I've had alot of bumps in the past to get here but I'm really proud of how the well the car is performing after everything its been through. Its just all about me and my driving now. I need to start out on my first pass in the 13.2-3 range next time because my runs get better every time I go for the past two weeks, never worse problem is I usually can only get about 3 runs in when its crowded and I'm waiting probably an hour or more between runs.

Good luck also, weather is starting to cool down at night down there yet?

Also I didn't run w/m for those as I thought it might pull down my octane more. I was running a 50/50 mix of C16 and 93 octane. I'm going to probably run 100 or 109 only in the tank with w/m on friday weather pending.

Glad to hear it man. Thanks and good luck to you too Im looking forward to seeing what you and everyone else can do this season. And yeah it was a little cooler tonight actually, only low 70's though, but still much better than usual. It was just a cold front though it will be hot again tomorrow. Hopefully it will cool down soon and once they have major events and actually prep the track it will really help. That and my near bald general tire uhp's on huffs are really holding me back...I don't have the cash for dr's and a clutch so I'll just have to try something stickier on the fucking huffs for now...

07Noside

Banned
Glad to hear it man. Thanks and good luck to you too Im looking forward to seeing what you and everyone else can do this season. And yeah it was a little cooler tonight actually, only low 70's though, but still much better than usual. It was just a cold front though it will be hot again tomorrow. Hopefully it will cool down soon and once they have major events and actually prep the track it will really help. That and my near bald general tire uhp's on huffs are really holding me back...I don't have the cash for dr's and a clutch so I'll just have to try something stickier on the fucking huffs for now...

yeah your trap is right up there, you just need to grip better coming out of the hole!
Take a look at these, http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=40518&counter=1&ar=40&rd=18&sw=false&cs=235
They look like they will have some pretty good lateral grip.

Luckily I got my DR's for free and only had to pick up two new wheels so $200 for a set of radials and wheels worked out pretty good, I wish the sidewalls were a little smaller though because I constantly rub fender on every dip driving to the track, and theyre heavy as fack 29lbs a tire.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
thanks, those look like they would bite pretty well but they're a little out of my budget right now unfortunately though. Have you ever ran Hankook RS2's? I saw them on closeout which is tempting...

07Noside

Banned
thanks, those look like they would bite pretty well but they're a little out of my budget right now unfortunately though. Have you ever ran Hankook RS2's? I saw them on closeout which is tempting...

never personally. I've heard they hook pretty well but wear down on the faster side.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
never personally. I've heard they hook pretty well but wear down on the faster side.

yeah I bet they do they're rated @ 200 for treadwear. They were only 85 bucks each though so I jumped on it before they ran out of stock...hopefully they work out...they should be a big improvement over what I have now atleast.

07Noside

Banned
yeah I bet they do they're rated @ 200 for treadwear. They were only 85 bucks each though so I jumped on it before they ran out of stock...hopefully they work out...they should be a big improvement over what I have now atleast.

$85 each fuck it if you get a few months out of them. what do you run size wise, 225s,235s....?

sloMk5

2007 GTI
that's what I thought, I saw them for 150+ other places and read some good reviews on here so I had to jump on it...just sticking with the 225 for now since I'm on huffs.

tsigli

Ready to race!
taking mine to the track next week...DSG Stage 2+ TSI i'm a good driver i got a 10.2 out of a buddies VRT ...what numbers should i expect?....i haven't seen any TSI numbers

Turb0matic

Ready to race!
So I'm not this list, run from last year
(2622)

Should be expecting faster/quicker times soon!