GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I got the car ready for trade in and a friend decided that he'll buy it. Most mods off except the bushings and HKS exhaust.

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did full paint correction and perfected the car before coating it with a special glass coating. Adds 60-80 microns to the paint, is impervious to almost anything and is now protected for 10+ years! :cool:

CQuartz? Looks great.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Damn, what are you getting next?
I'm sliding into the wife's 2010 GTI (another friend had bought it new and made it stage 3). It has over 93k now.
She is getting a used Mercedes CLA 250. Sport package and rated at 38 mpg.
I have some cosmetic changes to make and new suspension in a box.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
That looks crazy good how long did this take you!!!!?

Took me about 10 full hours to do the correction and the coating.

CQuartz? Looks great.

Thanks!, and no this is not CQuartz. This is a new coating that just hit the market. CQuartz has a heavy solvent to coating ratio. Almost no coating is left after the solvents have dissipated. This new coating (which I am unfortunately unable to mention at this time), has very little solvents. This results in more coating on the car, 60-80 microns worth, were CQ would normally leave anywhere from 6-7 microns on the paint.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks!, and no this is not CQuartz. This is a new coating that just hit the market. CQuartz has a heavy solvent to coating ratio. Almost no coating is left after the solvents have dissipated. This new coating (which I am unfortunately unable to mention at this time), has very little solvents. This results in more coating on the car, 60-80 microns worth, were CQ would normally leave anywhere from 6-7 microns on the paint.

Nice! That sounds promising. I look forward to when you can divulge the name haha.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Nice! That sounds promising. I look forward to when you can divulge the name haha.

The company is slowly gaining ground in the US market. There will be distributors in your area soon!

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
Last week while driving down the highway I lost oil pressure. Come to find out I had lost all of it. I had to drive it at least a minute trying to get off the highway and I had to actually accelerate once. With tears in my eyes and worry in my heart, I shut the car off. My biggest fear, I spun a bearing or two. A 1700$ oil pump didn't look so bad in light of the price of a new engine. After the mechanic had the oil pan off, he noticed that broken tensioner plastics had clogged the pick and tube. Luckily this plastic was from when they failed before; I had them replaced less that 2000 miles ago and these were obviously old. In one day my bill went from 4000$ to 426$. Oil pressure is strong and constant, bearings are fine. Keep those oil pans clean kids!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Last week while driving down the highway I lost oil pressure. Come to find out I had lost all of it. I had to drive it at least a minute trying to get off the highway and I had to actually accelerate once. With tears in my eyes and worry in my heart, I shut the car off. My biggest fear, I spun a bearing or two. A 1700$ oil pump didn't look so bad in light of the price of a new engine. After the mechanic had the oil pan off, he noticed that broken tensioner plastics had clogged the pick and tube. Luckily this plastic was from when they failed before; I had them replaced less that 2000 miles ago and these were obviously old. In one day my bill went from 4000$ to 426$. Oil pressure is strong and constant, bearings are fine. Keep those oil pans clean kids!

Awesome!!!! So glad that went in your favor, too many stories go the other way, I'm very happy for you!

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
Awesome!!!! So glad that went in your favor, too many stories go the other way, I'm very happy for you!

Thank you! She is going to get a full detail as a celebration; I love this car. It has been such an great car to own and work on. Besides the timing chain tensioners, I have been able to do all the repairs myself, of which, have been very few.

Now that I have full pressure in the oil system, this silver bullet is even more fun to drive; the timing adjustments are actually happening now. I fell in love with her all over again.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
@ Flywheel: I love hearing stories like that. Fewer and fewer of us every day that absolutely love this car, it's still my dream car.

As for today, got a bug up my ass and did a ghetto rear seat belt delete. Remove lower bolt, pull belt all the way out, cut belt, listen to the wonderful wiz of any empty seat belt return.

Looks so much better!

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Figured I'd drive the car to work tomorrow since I filled it up on Saturday and haven't driven it since then. But I wanted to drive with a little more noise tomorrow so I removed my catback lol