GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wtt: h&r sport cup kit suspension for something taller (NYC LOCAL ONLY)

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
this suspension is now too low for me! it still looks great and handles superbly (which i will miss), but i'm older now and looking for a more grown-up look, something not as obviously modded. to that end, i'd be interested in trading for an h&r touring cup kit (the sport cup kit utilizes h&r super sports, the touring uses i believe h&r sports or h&r oe sports, which ride higher), or some other oem+ sport spring (h&r, eibach, vogtland, vw drivergear) paired with either bilstein or koni shocks.

the kit is still on my car, so we would need to swap at the same time. local only, unless you're willing to travel to the nyc area (i'd be willing to travel to as far as south jersey).

pm if interested. thanks.

recent pics that show how she sits. almost ZERO gap between tire and fender (0.5 finger width), tuck in the rear in many instances:

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
18.5K miles on this setup (the h&r sport cup kit), roughly.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
i got some FKs for it let me know

not really interested in FKs. besides, aren't they coilovers? not sure why you'd want to trade them for shocks and springs.

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
Nice set up I wouldn't mind trading but I don't live local. If I was still in NJ I would be all over this. Theirs pictures of my car in the profile.

sd-mod

Ready to race!
What size wheel and tire do you have in those pictures? I am thinking about this setup.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
thanks everyone.

What size wheel and tire do you have in those pictures? I am thinking about this setup.

245/35/18 on 18x8 et43 or et44 (i forget which). however, i'm also running camber plates up front, and the fenders are slightly rolled. anyone who wanted to run tires this wide and be this low would probably need to do the same. otherwise, you're looking at skinnier tires.

once this suspension comes off the car, the h2sport camber plates will be for sale as well, if that's of interest.

edit: you would need rolled fenders, or camber plates, but not necessarily both. i just remembered that the pic in my sig was before i had the camber plates installed. car ran just fine, no problems.