• Yes

Votes: 39 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

JT641

Banned
Would You Buy An A or S or RS Series Audi Avant

I'm trying to gauge legitimate interest in Audi Avants (wagons). Like the title says would you buy an Audi Avant (Wagon) A3, A4, A6, an S3, S4, S6, and yes even the latest RS3, RS4 & RS6 Avant. I'm referring to the latest versions. If you want Audi to bring these cars to the USA you need to let them know, Which starts by stating it in threads like this one. All feedback is Appreciated as It will help bring these cars back here if Audi see's there's enough interest in them, This is how we got the TTRS ;) Please comment as wheel as vote yes or no :D

Updated to include the A Series A3, A4, & A6 Avants/Wagons

Audi USA FB Page https://www.facebook.com/audi?fref=ts

RS6 Avant

RS3 Sportback

RS4 Avant

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Yes taking price out of it.

OP Updated: Bump All feed back is appreciated, It will help bring these cars back here if Audi see's there's enough interest in them. This is how we got the TTRS

Last edited:

Crunk

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree with the first reply. It would be an awesome option to get a rs advant. I hate big suv and trucks are so damn expensive and big. an awd wagon is prefect for trips, kids, drive ins, or big loads. Plus its gonna have power and alot of fancy buttons.

JT641

Banned
I agree with the first reply. It would be an awesome option to get a rs advant. I hate big suv and trucks are so damn expensive and big. an awd wagon is prefect for trips, kids, drive ins, or big loads. Plus its gonna have power and alot of fancy buttons.

A lot of Fancy Buttons Lol

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I would buy an Audi S4 if I had the money but not the Avant. So technically no I wouldn't buy an Avant. The reason is I'm not a huge fan of wagons plus my wife hates wagons. We have a Q5 and love it. I'd be more likely to buy a Q5 TDI or SQ5 than an Avant.

JT641

Banned
I would buy an Audi S4 if I had the money but not the Avant. So technically no I wouldn't buy an Avant. The reason is I'm not a huge fan of wagons plus my wife hates wagons. We have a Q5 and love it. I'd be more likely to buy a Q5 TDI or SQ5 than an Avant.

That's cool, Just want Honest Legitimate feedback. I think some people have just become predisposed to choose SUV's because they think they're more capable (not entirely true) thanks to commercials and the way they are promoted. Fact is there aren't many options as far as wagons go, As there numbers have dwindled to almost nothing because of SUV's. Yet there are people out there that would prefer to have a Wagon/Avant instead but there choices are to Limited. On the other hand it's the opposite in Countries Like England and Germany. Think about it, All an SUV really is Is just a tall Wagon/Avant. I think a lot of people would prefer driving a wagon because some have a hard to driving them, Just go to any Supermarket parking lot and watch them trying to Park there SUV's it's ridiculous :lol: A wagon will handle better because of it's Lower Center of Gravity and be easier to see out of. In the Early Days of the SUV you had a lot of people flipping them over because of there High Center of Gravity and even with more safety features it's still happening Today Though not as much as it use to. I think if we had more choices we would have more people looking at them and realizing they prefer a Wagon over an SUV, But Sadly we don't :(

Last edited:

Palmo

Ready to race!
Yes on both counts. I test drove the RS3 sportback while back in the UK last month. I would be all over that if it comes to the US.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Oh god yes. I wrote PARAGRAPHS in both the survey's I got for my S3 and S4 (they go to the dealership but also to AoA) for the additional comments. I begged them to A) Give us the already low production.low sales Avants like the RSs B) Give us limited numbers of at least the S4 Avant, and C) To fix the Allroad and offer it with at least one additional powerplant (give us 3.0 TDI).

I have explained to my dealer that if they will give us the RS3 in Sportback and NOT sedan, I would trade out for it. LOL

I had a Q5 TDI for 10 months, one of the best SUVs out there for handling and power with that monster torque diesel. But it was still an SUV, my 328d wagon may have less power but it is SO much more fun to drive. I do sometimes miss the nimble Quattro but hey if Audi won't sell what I want, I will go to where they do.

I know a lot of the issue is crash testing for the federal government, but seriously, isn't Europe way more nanny and health and safety than us? So can't we just say "Look, it's safe enough for those high visibility jacket wearing Euros, it's got to be safe enough for the US." :D

colslaw87

Ready to race!
I would definitely prefer a Wagon / Avant over a Crossover or SUV.

I think the reason S / RS wagons aren't sold in the states is simply due to the lack of demand. Wagons are already unpopular in the US market. Those looking for a vehicle to seat 5+, haul bikes, gear, kids, groceries, and tackle any weather would probably lean towards an SUV. It's not to say that the wagons are less capable, it's just marketing and public perception that SUV's are the way to go.

Now considering that wagons are unpopular in the states, the margin of buyers looking for an S / RS model is even slimmer. Audi already offers the RS5, and the RS7. Considering the small group of buyers, you've got both camps covered ... one super coupe and one super sedan. Once you offer RS3, RS4, and RS6 wagons to an already decreasing market, I suspect Audi would see tons of unsold cars on their lots.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
I would definitely prefer a Wagon / Avant over a Crossover or SUV.

I think the reason S / RS wagons aren't sold in the states is simply due to the lack of demand. Wagons are already unpopular in the US market. Those looking for a vehicle to seat 5+, haul bikes, gear, kids, groceries, and tackle any weather would probably lean towards an SUV. It's not to say that the wagons are less capable, it's just marketing and public perception that SUV's are the way to go.

Now considering that wagons are unpopular in the states, the margin of buyers looking for an S / RS model is even slimmer. Audi already offers the RS5, and the RS7. Considering the small group of buyers, you've got both camps covered ... one super coupe and one super sedan. Once you offer RS3, RS4, and RS6 wagons to an already decreasing market, I suspect Audi would see tons of unsold cars on their lots.
Agreed with everything here.

I'm a huge wagon fan, but most Americans are not.

Hell, they killed the CTS-V wagon after, what, 3 or 4 years?

These are sad days, friends.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk